4/18 12:10 pm - White Sox v. Tigers (Nova v. Ross)

TheTruth05

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Part of my resentment lately for Jose is that they treat him like royalty.  Like, if he doesn't want to DH too fucking bad.

Honestly, using Jose as the primary 1B just makes us weaker across the board.  Realistically Yondor should be at 1B against all RHP and Jose against LHP with Alonso on the bench.  So far neither of things are happening which is just plain stupid but whatever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly, using Jose as the primary 1B just makes us weaker across the board.  Realistically Yondor should be at 1B against all RHP and Jose against LHP with Alonso on the bench.  So far neither of things are happening which is just plain stupid but whatever.

Two years running now.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Worth noting that Yonder Alonso's option vests if he reaches 526 plate appearances this season, coming into today he has 69 plate appearances in the White Sox's first 17 games, which puts him on pace for 658 plate appearances this season. 

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Part of my resentment lately for Jose is that they treat him like royalty.  Like, if he doesn't want to DH too fucking bad.

They're going to retire his number aren't they

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Worth noting that Yonder Alonso's option vests if he reaches 526 plate appearances this season, coming into today he has 69 plate appearances in the White Sox's first 17 games, which puts him on pace for 658 plate appearances this season. 

That’s my point.  Alonso should be platooned and when he does play it should be at 1B .  Unfortunately neither part is happening right now which is really kind of dumb.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Let Collins be Adam Dunn there. The Sox signed a minor league catcher. Seems a bit weird.

If they don’t think Collins can stick at C then he should definitely get the 1B job. I’m just not convinced the Sox fell that way.

What do you mean the Sox signed a minor league catcher?

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic