The Anderson Saga (continued from game thread)

Dick Allen

Just now, Baron said:

Christ sake in hockey they celebrate after every goal. You don't see fights constantly during the game after those goals. 

Well, you do. But hockey allows that sort of thing. But someone has to accept a fight. You don't see guys firing 100 mph slappers at people though. 

If anderson were allowed to go and punch someone in the ribs, I wouldn't have a problem with plunking. But he's not, so I do. 

• Like 1

Just now, ptatc said:

There have been many issues with it in NFL. They have specific rules on who can do it, when they can do it, what props they can use. Who cares if it's 2019. Professionalism isn't arbitrary.

Its called sportsmanship, and yes it is a virtue. Professional sports teams should seek after it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

There have been many issues with it in NFL. They have specific rules on who can do it, when they can do it, what props they can use. Who cares if it's 2019. Professionalism isn't arbitrary.

They're entertainers, not accountants. And the NFL just went real lax with all of that, if you didn't notice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

Christ sake in hockey they celebrate after every goal. You don't see fights constantly during the game after those goals. 

Get with the times. 

New doesn't always mean better.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, ptatc said:

Dancing in the end zone is legal(Tim Anderson scored). Don't want them to do it don't let them score. Tim Anderson did the equivalent of what most NFL players do. You sound like the problem MLB has right now. 

6 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

There is a virtue and its called sportsmanship. Doing a 5 minute dance in the end zone after a touchdown, is not sportsmanship. Players getting into fights is not sportsmanship.  Doing a bat flip directed at taunting the other team, is not sportsmanship.

What TA did, was maybe a little over the top, ok, but lets have some clemency and not kill the guy over a toss of the bat. What KC did was worse since they could have injured our player.

He didn't taunt the other team though. He threw that bat (not really a flip) towards his bench and yelled at his bench and then ran around the bases. Even when crossing the plate the catcher gave him a stare down but he ignored it and kept moving.

• Like 1

Just now, Chisox378 said:

Lets get one thing straight. Just because the NFL or NBA allows for 5 minute dances in the end zone doesnt make it right. I got mad when the Bears players did all types of silly skits after they scored a TD.

Cool your in the minority. That's why the NFL changed the rule. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

He didn't taunt the other team though. He threw that bat (not really a flip) towards his bench and yelled at his bench and then ran around the bases. Even when crossing the plate the catcher gave him a stare down but he ignored it and kept moving.

I agree with you here. I do think he went a little over the top but not to get plunked. 

Just now, ptatc said:

Tim didn't do anything against the mlb rules though. Keller did.

Personally I'd be more concerned about teaching kids that if someone does something that hurts their feelings, they can react violently and that's okay because of vague unwritten rules.

• Like 1

Pitchers are able to talk smack to batters, pump their fists, yell in their gloves walking off the field, and throw high and tight at hitters with zero repercussions

you don't like the bat flip?  Don't throw the home run.  Fuck off Randal Grichuk

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Lets get one thing straight. Just because the NFL or NBA allows for 5 minute dances in the end zone doesnt make it right. I got mad when the Bears players did all types of silly skits after they scored a TD.

Curious question (you don't have to answer), how old are you?

6 minutes ago, mqr said:

They're entertainers, not accountants. And the NFL just went real lax with all of that, if you didn't notice. 

They are also examples for younger generations. Just depends on how you think kids should act because they will follow the examples.

I do follow the NFL and they still do have many rules regarding how the celebrations may occur.

7 minutes ago, Baron said:

Dancing in the end zone is legal(Tim Anderson scored). Don't want them to do it don't let them score. Tim Anderson did the equivalent of what most NFL players do. You sound like the problem MLB has right now. 

Not me. I'm not involved with it. Nothing I say or do will have any effect. Just my opinion. Also I don't think it's much of a problem. It doesn't happen to often. Tim has just done this repeatedly in games with the Royals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mqr said:

There's no absolute truth about any of this. Which is why people have been arguing about it for almost 24 hours now.

Once again, there is a virtue called sportsmanship.  Its not relative to what people believe. Its really exists. 

Just now, ptatc said:

They are also examples for younger generations. Just depends on how you think kids should act because they will follow the examples.

I do follow the NFL and they still do have many rules regarding how the celebrations may occur.

Well shit. I should have known. All that celebrating is going to turn me into....what exactly? 

12 minutes ago, Baron said:

In this case it absolutely does. 

exactly.  trying to turn this game into golf...shhhhhhhhhh...he's shooting!  This entire thing is idiotic....and  Jabba the West shows once again what a redass he is.  Keep celebrating Tim!  The entire "not celebrating for doing you job..."   weak take.

That said...I've grown to despise that entire organization in KC.  Fuck every single one of them right up to that cheese Hudler in the booth.  Grichuk getting roasted now is gravy. I was wondering yesterday who...I think my exact words were "who's the effin' wussbag poppin' off from behind everybody...."

Edited by Wanne
  • Like 1