The Anderson Saga (continued from game thread)

Dick Allen

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Tim didn't do anything against the mlb rules though. Keller did.

Personally I'd be more concerned about teaching kids that if someone does something that hurts their feelings, they can react violently and that's okay because of vague unwritten rules.

Correct. This is why Keller should have been ejected and not Anderson. I'm not saying anything that actually happened in the game was right or wrong. I can just saying I don't agree with the lack of professionalism in celebrating a mundane moment. A game winning HR in the bottom of the 9th, sure. But not the mundane activites.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Once again, there is a virtue called sportsmanship.  Its not relative to what people believe. Its really exists. 

You may judge Anderson's behavior to be bad sportsmanship.

Does that justify physical assault with a weapon?

20 minutes ago, ptatc said:

There have been many issues with it in NFL. They have specific rules on who can do it, when they can do it, what props they can use. Who cares if it's 2019. Professionalism isn't arbitrary.

This isnt your office job pal. Trying to compare the two is impossible.

The competitive nature needed to br a professional athlete is immense. Competitiveness is instilled in emotion.

I asked a few people on Twitter yesterday who said that Anderson "had it coming" if it would be OK for Anderson to charge the mound if a pitcher pimped a strikeout against him and they always fail to see the double standard. Violence is OK apparently but only one way.

55 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

People may not want to call it this, but if you were annoyed with someone outside of a baseball stadium and you threw a baseball at them, you go to prison for assault. This is not exaggeration, an average person would face criminal charges for that, regardless of whether it hit them in the butt or not.

At some point, I think the legal system cleans this up.

You are right

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Like this? 

Thanks for bringing this up again. The absolute truth there is that homosexual acts are intrisically evil, and the homosexual inclination is disordered. And there is such a thing as scandalizing the young. But If you want to talk about these things then you can private message me, its not for this thread.

Edited by Chisox378
  • Like 1

Just now, Chisox378 said:

Thanks for bringing this up again. The absolute truth there is that homosexual acts are intrisically evil, and the homosexual inclination is disordered. But If you want to talk about these things then you can private message me, its not for this thread.

No you're a bigot. We get it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It depends on what you celebrate. Winning a world series is one thing. A home run in April with two bad teams that's not a special moment, isn't a reason to celebrate. He is just doing his normal every day job in a normal moment.

Nothing about professional sports is a “normal job” though.  This is an entertainment field and the players should be putting on a show for us.  Emotion only adds to the product.  There is a reason the No Fun League changed its policy around TD celebrations and now allow guys to be as creative as they want to be whenever they want to be.  Doesn’t matter if that TD celebration comes in a tie game or when a team is down 49-0.  Let the guys have some fun out there and actually entertain the legions of young fans who find the game to be somewhat boring.

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

Thanks for bringing this up again. The absolute truth there is that homosexual acts are intrisically evil, and the homosexual inclination is disordered. But If you want to talk about these things then you can private message me, its not for this thread.

And the world revolves around you and your opinions.

Wake up. Its all a dream.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ptatc said:

They are also examples for younger generations. Just depends on how you think kids should act because they will follow the examples.

I do follow the NFL and they still do have many rules regarding how the celebrations may occur.

Having fun playing a game = bad example for younger generations.  Got it.

Edited by Rowand44

4 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Thanks for bringing this up again. The absolute truth there is that homosexual acts are intrisically evil, and the homosexual inclination is disordered. And there is such a thing as scandalizing the young. But If you want to talk about these things then you can private message me, its not for this thread.

The absolute truth is you're a fuckin bigot and make the world a much worse place.  The end.

Edited by Rowand44
  • Like 8
  • Love 4

14 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Correct. This is why Keller should have been ejected and not Anderson. I'm not saying anything that actually happened in the game was right or wrong. I can just saying I don't agree with the lack of professionalism in celebrating a mundane moment. A game winning HR in the bottom of the 9th, sure. But not the mundane activites.

Is it fair to say your position would be you would support the mlb giving umpires some say in regulating on field celebrations if they also eliminated player retaliation measures in earnest?

25 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Lets get one thing straight. Just because the NFL or NBA allows for 5 minute dances in the end zone doesnt make it right. I got mad when the Bears players did all types of silly skits after they scored a TD.

Why in the world would that make you mad?  How does it affect you in the slightest?

I don't agree with the showboating from anybody. Probably why I hate LeBron James, but grichuk needs to STFU. Nobody cares about what he thinks. Toronto had one of the biggest hot dogs in josh Donaldson. 

25 minutes ago, bmags said:

Tim didn't do anything against the mlb rules though. Keller did.

Personally I'd be more concerned about teaching kids that if someone does something that hurts their feelings, they can react violently and that's okay because of vague unwritten rules.

It’s so fucking ridiculous.  These guys cite “professional” and serving as “positive role models” to support the idea that celebrating a job well done is some sort of problem but are somehow ok with a man throwing a 90+ MPH at another person who made them feel a little butt hurt over a god damn bat toss.