Former Sox updates (Avi, etc)

greg775

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2019 at 11:42 AM, Balta1701 said:

On August 13, Chris Sale became the fastest pitcher in MLB  history to 2000 strikeouts, easily breaking Pedro Martinez's record. 

If we offered moncada, kopech, basabe, and Diaz for Sale right now does Boston laugh and hang up?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 2:11 AM, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea it's been a win win for both clubs no doubt: but from this point on it's going to be a bloodbath for them and a massive win for the Sox.

To be fair the red sox only did trade for 19-19, the extension came after that and has to be viewed seperately.

17-19 sale produced 17 war so it already paid off. Still by total war the sox could win the trade easily but of course concentrated war also means something. 

If moncada and kopech become stars I think it is a win win for both because the red sox couldn't wait for moncada and kopech to get good.

For the sox that move was correct too of course even though they would have liked moncada to be immediate impact like acuna or alvarez but if he's good now that's fine too.

Edited by dominik-keul@gmx.de

I was thinking about players both the Sox and Cubs have traded away or let go in recent years and made a pretty good lineup out of them.  I had to play around with some of their positions but the only true weak spot offensively is Candelario.  I guess you could throw DJ LeMahieu at 1B but the Cubs traded him away so long ago (2011).

SS  Marcus Semien

3B  Fernando Tatis Jr.

2B  Gleybor Torres

LF  Jorge Soler

DH  Daniel Vogelbach

CF  Eduardo Escobar

RF  Avisail Garcia

C  Omar Narvaez  /  Josh Phegley

1B  Jeimer Candelario

Edited by Moan4Yoan

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 5:06 PM, Moan4Yoan said:

I was thinking about players both the Sox and Cubs have traded away or let go in recent years and made a pretty good lineup out of them.  I had to play around with some of their positions but the only true weak spot offensively is Candelario.  I guess you could throw DJ LeMahieu at 1B but the Cubs traded him away so long ago (2011).

SS  Marcus Semien

3B  Fernando Tatis Jr.

2B  Gleybor Torres

LF  Jorge Soler

DH  Daniel Vogelbach

CF  Eduardo Escobar

RF  Avisail Garcia

C  Omar Narvaez  /  Josh Phegley

1B  Jeimer Candelario

Where's Eloy ?