Future White Sox Lineup #GetExcited

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

The future lineup for the White Sox is coming together right before our eyes.

1. Madrigal - age 22.1 (120 wRC+ in A+)

2. Moncada - age 23.9 (155 wRC+ in MLB)

3. Martinez - age 31.7 (170 wRC+ in MLB, everyone here knows I love me some JDM)

4. Jimenez - age 22.4 (104 wRC+ in MLB)

5. Robert - age 21.7 (303 wRC+ in A+)

6. Vaughn - age 21.0 (1.24 OPS in college)

7. Collins - age 24.2 (148 wRC+ in AAA)

8. Anderson - age 25.8 (204 wRC+ in MLB)

9. Cordell - age 27.1 (367 wRC+ in MLB, 133 wRC+ in AAA)

#GetExcited

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The future lineup for the White Sox is coming together right before our eyes.

1. Madrigal - age 22.1 (120 wRC+ in A+)

2. Moncada - age 23.9 (155 wRC+ in MLB)

3. Martinez - age 31.7 (170 wRC+ in MLB, everyone here knows I love me some JDM)

4. Jimenez - age 22.4 (104 wRC+ in MLB)

5. Robert - age 21.7 (303 wRC+ in A+)

6. Vaughn - age 21.0 (1.24 OPS in college)

7. Collins - age 24.2 (148 wRC+ in AAA)

8. Anderson - age 25.8 (204 wRC+ in MLB)

9. Cordell - age 27.1 (367 wRC+ in MLB, 133 wRC+ in AAA)

#GetExcited

Did not realize JD was only 31 years old. Doubt it would happen and will not get hopes up after last offseason but he would be a perfect DH candidate.

U really think that the Sox will pony up for JD Martinez? 

That lineup is lacking a catcher. Doesn't seem close to certain that Collins will stick behind the plate. 

Cordell as an everyday starter seems like a reach. Puig or Castellanos would look much better in right field. 

4 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

That lineup is lacking a catcher. Doesn't seem close to certain that Collins will stick behind the plate. 

Cordell as an everyday starter seems like a reach. Puig or Castellanos would look much better in right field. 

Puig and TA in the same lineup. The thought of all the angry baseball cranks is making it move.

• Like 3

I'd like to see Martinez as the DH, as well.  I could see the Sox at least pursuing Grandal.  I like Cordell, but I'm not sure he's the starting RF.  Maybe as the 4th OF.  Hopefully we'll get a long look at him this season and see what's what.

Is this proposed lineup for 2020 or 2021 and beyond?  If they draft Vaughn, is there any chance he's playing at the ML level in 2020?

23 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

I mean if Cordell, Leury, or whatever else you throw out there is a 80-100 wRC+ guy, is it really a big deal as the #9 hitter in the lineup? And yes, I do view JDM as an extremely viable option for the Sox as I’ve previously explained in other threads.

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

I never suggested they were in the same ball park.  

But is it a given that Collins will be better than Narvaez at catcher?

No. But if Omar Narvaez is your best catcher, you should be looking for a new catcher. 

• Like 3

Just now, WBWSF said:

The lineup is certainly something to be upbeat about. Still, I wish I could feel the same way about the starting pitching. I'm afraid that Hahn will trade off some of the young talent for some old pitching.

That's fine. Half the point of amassing a ton of prospect capital is to dump some of it for proven talent

11 minutes ago, mqr said:

No. But if Omar Narvaez is your best catcher, you should be looking for a new catcher. 

I could be missing someone in the list but so far this season he's ~3rd in MLB in WARP (the Baseball Prospectus one, which puts the highest weight on framing statistics and was the one people argued showed him as a negative catcher last year).

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I could be missing someone in the list but so far this season he's ~3rd in MLB in WARP (the Baseball Prospectus one, which puts the highest weight on framing statistics and was the one people argued showed him as a negative catcher last year).

He was replacement level last year, despite being a well above average hitter. He's been worth .6 WARP for his career. He could improve, but I'm taking three years of data over 16 games for a guy who is 27. Also, he's still 59th in FRAA, so let's see what happens when the power cools off. 

Edited by mqr
  • Love 1

It's hard to go wrong with any lineup construction when talking about these players, but I think I'd prefer this at the top:

1. Robert

2. Madrigal

3. Moncada

4. Jimenez

I've always liked having a leadoff hitter with both power and speed.   That puts the pressure on the starting pitcher from the very first pitch, and you can put your team up 1-0 one batter in.  Plus, with Madrigal's contact skills, he seems like an ideal hit-and-run guy when Robert is on base, which they wouldn't be able to take advantage of nearly as much if Madrigal was leading off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

It's hard to go wrong with any lineup construction when talking about these players, but I think I'd prefer this at the top:

1. Robert

2. Madrigal

3. Moncada

4. Jimenez

I've always liked having a leadoff hitter with both power and speed.   That puts the pressure on the starting pitcher from the very first pitch, and you can put your team up 1-0 one batter in.  Plus, with Madrigal's contact skills, he seems like an ideal hit-and-run guy when Robert is on base, which they wouldn't be able to take advantage of nearly as much if Madrigal was leading off.

Madrigal as the player I currently believe he is, should hit leadoff or last. No in between. Pencil Moncada into the two hole forever.