Future White Sox Lineup #GetExcited

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

27 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You’re talking like the Twins’ window with that group of players has completely closed. Their window is still very well open. I wouldn’t be surprised if they won the division this year.

That’s damning with faint praise if I’ve ever seen it 

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

That’s damning with faint praise if I’ve ever seen it 

How so? They’re in a good position to make the playoffs 2/3 years and their outlook is still bright over the next few years. They are just 4 years removed from having a top farm system and still hold a top 10 system. 

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

How so? They’re in a good position to make the playoffs 2/3 years and their outlook is still bright over the next few years. They are just 4 years removed from having a top farm system and still hold a top 10 system. 

Because good enought maybe win the central isn't very good. 

The Twins will be a probably be competitive, but they're not going to be some kind of monolithic obstacle. 

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Because good enought maybe win the central isn't very good. 

The Twins will be a probably be competitive, but they're not going to be some kind of monolithic obstacle. 

Again, I didn’t say they’re a juggernaut but making the playoffs in 2/3 seasons and perhaps the division favorite next year is better than most teams can say over a 3-4 year period.

FWIW, per fangraphs, they have better current odds to win the World Series this year than the Phillies and nearly the same odds as the Cubs...

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Again, I didn’t say they’re a juggernaut but making the playoffs in 2/3 seasons and perhaps the division favorite next year is better than most teams can say over a 3-4 year period.

FWIW, per fangraphs, they have better current odds to win the World Series this year than the Phillies and nearly the same odds as the Cubs...

How much better are their odds to win their division? I'm guessing that's the reason for that. I don't think you could argue the Twins are better than either of those teams but they don't have to compete with 3-4 legit playoff contenders. 

46 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You’re talking like the Twins’ window with that group of players has completely closed. Their window is still very well open. I wouldn’t be surprised if they won the division this year.

I'm not saying that their window is closed. Their window is right now and they should be dominating and kicking ass right now. They should have been kicking ass last year as well.

They should be doing more than just competing for a division crown in a god awful division. 

Twins fans were writing out lineups 4-5 years ago with sky high projections for Buxton and Sano. Funny thing happened along the way..  

8 minutes ago, mqr said:

How much better are their odds to win their division? I'm guessing that's the reason for that. I don't think you could argue the Twins are better than either of those teams but they don't have to compete with 3-4 legit playoff contenders. 

Not saying they are but get in and anything can happen. It’s baseball. Before the playoffs started, how many people took the 2005 White Sox to win the World Series even after they led the AL in regular season wins? Most here thought they would get bounced in the first round.

4 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

I'm not saying that their window is closed. Their window is right now and they should be dominating and kicking ass right now. They should have been kicking ass last year as well.

They should be doing more than just competing for a division crown in a god awful division. 

Twins fans were writing out lineups 4-5 years ago with sky high projections for Buxton and Sano. Funny thing happened along the way..  

Injuries happen. Buxton and Sano are still a big part of their present team and future. Buxton is a 4+ WAR player when healthy and both guys are still just 25 years old. And how can you say their window is right now when they still have a top 10 farm system and two top 10 MLB prospects that will be with the big club early next year? We can only hope they don’t start spending some money because if they do they are going to be really tough the next few years.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Injuries happen. Buxton and Sano are still a big part of their present team and future. Buxton is a 4+ WAR player when healthy and both guys are still just 25 years old. And how can you say their window is right now when they still have a top 10 farm system and two top 10 MLB prospects that will be with the big club early next year? We can only hope they don’t start spending some money because if they do they are going to be really tough the next few years.

The Twins had the number one farm system in baseball in 2014. That was five years ago! 

How is their window not right now? 

in 2023 are we going to be happy as Sox fans if all they did was just sneak into the wild card game and have zero playoff wins?  

9 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

The Twins had the number one farm system in baseball in 2014. That was five years ago! 

How is their window not right now? 

in 2023 are we going to be happy as Sox fans if all they did was just sneak into the wild card game and have zero playoff wins?  

Honestly, right now I’d be happy with a playoff appearance in 2021 and to be in the position the Twins are in currently in 2023 given the futility the last decade has brought the Sox organization. Heck, even a .500 record will seem like a huge success since it’s been 7 years now since they’ve even sniffed that...

13 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Honestly, right now I’d be happy with a playoff appearance in 2021 and to be in the position the Twins are in currently in 2023 given the futility the last decade has brought the Sox organization. Heck, even a .500 record will seem like a huge success since it’s been 7 years now since they’ve even sniffed that...

10 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Oh, and to answer your direct question... I’m sure most other Sox fans on this forum will not be happy because anything short of mirroring the Cubs’ recent run will be deemed a disappointment...

What was the point of tearing everything down if the end goal is to just maybe make the wild card game one year? The Sox should have stayed course with Sale, Q, etc in that case and hoped to catch lighting in a bottle. 

Mirroring the Cubs would obviously be nice. That looks to be a real long shot though. The Cubbies made it all the way to the NLCS in year 4 of their rebuild. The Sox FO will be doing victory laps if they even sniff 500 in 2020. 

39 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Kirilloff and Lewis will not be in the big leagues early next year.  

7 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

What was the point of tearing everything down if the end goal is to just maybe make the wild card game one year? The Sox should have stayed course with Sale, Q, etc in that case and hoped to catch lighting in a bottle. 

Mirroring the Cubs would obviously be nice. That looks to be a real long shot though. The Cubbies made it all the way to the NLCS in year 4 of their rebuild. The Sox FO will be doing victory laps if they even sniff 500 in 2020. 

Yup. Right now they seem to have gotten back to where they were, or least close to it. If there's not multiple division titles before Moncada walks, I'm going to be miserable watching the best player I've ever been able to remember their whole career go into the hall in another hat. (assuming he gets back on track)

Edited by mqr

5 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

You are assuming the Twins’ recent rebuild will result in only one wild card appearance. As I stated earlier, I believe their window is still open and will be for a few more years still.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

Just now, mqr said:

Yup. Right now they seem to have gotten back to where they were, or least close to it. If there's not multiple division titles, I'm going to be miserable watching the best player I've ever been able to remember their whole career go into the hall in another hat. (assuming he gets back on track)

I guess you were too young to watch the Big Hurt. That’s too bad because he was awesome to watch. And don’t worry, Yoan Moncada will soon replace Chris Sale as the best Sox player you’ve been able to watch since the start of their entire career...

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You are assuming the Twins’ recent rebuild will result in only one wild card appearance. As I stated earlier, I believe their window is still open and will be for a few more years still.

Nope. I'm saying that they had the #1 farm system in 2014 and look where they are 5 years later. Zero playoff wins to show for it. 

The Sox better have more on their resume come 2023 or this rebuild was an epic disaster. 

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I guess you were too young to watch the Big Hurt. That’s too bad because he was awesome to watch. And don’t worry, Yoan Moncada will soon replace Chris Sale as the best Sox player you’ve been able to watch since the start of their entire career...

I was a baby during his peak. I saw a lot of very good Thomas years, but not THE years

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

I was a baby during his peak. I saw a lot of very good Thomas years, but not THE years

I was 6-12 years old when Frank was at his best. I can still picture my 9 year old self at the ballpark with Gene Honda announcing his name. I remember having Frank vs Spammy arguments in middle school, lol. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Nope. I'm saying that they had the #1 farm system in 2014 and look where they are 5 years later. Zero playoff wins to show for it. 

The Sox better have more on their resume come 2023 or this rebuild was an epic disaster. 

Well, that’s a bit dramatic. Anyways, a playoff appearance and perennial division contender for the next few years (which is what I believe the Twins are) would be a heck of lot better position than the Sox were in pre-rebuild don’t you think?

23 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I was 6-12 years old when Frank was at his best. I can still picture my 9 year old self at the ballpark with Gene Honda announcing his name. I remember having Frank vs Spammy arguments in middle school, lol. 

Same with me but with Konerko. I had the Paulie vs Derek Lee arguments lol. Crede vs Aramis Ramirez were always fun too.

• Love 1