Future White Sox Lineup #GetExcited

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

12 minutes ago, zisk said:

I wonder if JDM would have Abreu like numbers if he left Fenway. That place is a hitters paradise.

His numbers in 2017, including time in both Arizona and Detroit, were phenomenal. 167 wRC+ that year, 170 in 2018, 139 this year. In a down year in 2015 he still had an .878 OPS in that big detroit ballpark, so his bad years rival Abreu's best years.

13 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

His numbers in 2017, including time in both Arizona and Detroit, were phenomenal. 167 wRC+ that year, 170 in 2018, 139 this year. In a down year in 2015 he still had an .878 OPS in that big detroit ballpark, so his bad years rival Abreu's best years.

JD Martinez is actually the "premier hitter" that every opposing color guy wants to paint Abreu as.  He is as good as it gets bat wise and the Sox should have made an attempt to acquire him.  

2 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

What would it take to get Conforto? He's only got two years left of control so hopefully walker/rutherford/basabe/gonzalez will be ready after that..

Edit: I know step 1 is the Mets being willing to trade him

No one the White Sox would be willing to trade. You're not getting him without a high level talent as a centerpiece, a back end top 100 guy at least, and the White Sox aren't giving up Madrigal, Vaughn, or anyone better for him. 

The other guys have too many questions right now, injury and/or struggles for part of the year at AA, for the Mets to even really consider it if you packaged 2 of them together. Our system right now has a couple of really high guys at the top and then a lot of question marks after that top 5. There's hopefully some good players after those top guys, but neither I nor the Mets can really guess who they will be. 

I wish I knew what to think about Collins. I want Grandal, but i also wanna keep McCann and know Abreu will be back(the hope is Grandal agrees to play full time 1B). 

I feel like Collins value is probably too low to trade him for something decent enough to make it worth it while also not feeling good enough about him to rely on him as a full time 1B. 

36 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’d be furious if they traded Collins for Mazara.

That's probably what he's worth right now.  

Like I said, I'm not quite sure what to think of Collins right now. He's not really the player Robert or Madrigal are, so I'm kinda "scared" to just plug him in and hope for the best in a year they should be competing. 

I suppose with all the talent around him, you could live with Collins at DH and trade for one at the deadline if need be. 

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

That's probably what he's worth right now.  

Like I said, I'm not quite sure what to think of Collins right now. He's not really the player Robert or Madrigal are, so I'm kinda "scared" to just plug him in and hope for the best in a year they should be competing. 

I suppose with all the talent around him, you could live with Collins at DH and trade for one at the deadline if need be. 

He’s worth more than Mazara and the Sox shouldn’t need him as an everyday player next season.

This obsession with Grandal is weird.  If we’re going to blow JR’s money let’s spend it on Cole.  Grandal is a 32 year old catcher.  He’s a major candidate to fall off a cliff in the next 3 years.  Why would we want that?  Personally, I want Collins to get a month of mlb at bats with his new swing to evaluate where he’s at.  If this is real, then you concentrate on a pitcher and RF.

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

He’s worth more than Mazara and the Sox shouldn’t need him as an everyday player next season.

Does anyone think that Rutherford and Gonzalez would get it done for Mazara? Mazara would then be a placeholder for Walker. 

I'm also not ready to completely give up on Fulmer yet. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

39 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

This obsession with Grandal is weird.  If we’re going to blow JR’s money let’s spend it on Cole.  Grandal is a 32 year old catcher.  He’s a major candidate to fall off a cliff in the next 3 years.  Why would we want that?  Personally, I want Collins to get a month of mlb at bats with his new swing to evaluate where he’s at.  If this is real, then you concentrate on a pitcher and RF.

it really is...especially for the money he's going to want. Ain't happenin' people...

Grandal can play 1B and DH with LH pop.  I don't think anybody wanting him including myself view him as an every day catcher.  But again I think the FO will view him as a luxury more than a need.

If you can get him for a 2 year deal you are pretty set at 1B/DH until Vaughn comes up, rotating Abreu, Grandal, Collins between those positions.  That is at least my thought on it.

8 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Does anyone think that Rutherford and Gonzalez would get it done for Mazara? Mazara would then be a placeholder for Walker. 

I'm also not ready to completely give up on Fulmer yet. 

I think that’s an overpay on the Sox’ part. I’d give them a couple low level minor leaguers but that’s it. Quite frankly, Mazara is a non-tender candidate, if not this winter then next winter if he continues as a 0.5-1 WAR type player that he’s been his entire career thus far.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I think that’s an overpay on the Sox’ part. I’d give them a couple low level minor leaguers but that’s it. Quite frankly, Mazara is a non-tender candidate, if not this winter then next winter if he continues as a 0.5-1 WAR type player that he’s been his entire career thus far.

Don't think he'll be non tendered. He's remarkably consistent for a kid in age 21-24 seasons. Great power. He's the kind of guy who you wait for a break out season. His OPS has crept up little by little every year. You just don't see guys non tendered with the kind of power he has. Next year he could hit 40. I'd take a shot on him if he was cheap and if non tendered I'd be 1st in line for him.

7 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Grandal can play 1B and DH with LH pop.  I don't think anybody wanting him including myself view him as an every day catcher.  But again I think the FO will view him as a luxury more than a need.

If you can get him for a 2 year deal you are pretty set at 1B/DH until Vaughn comes up, rotating Abreu, Grandal, Collins between those positions.  That is at least my thought on it.

The FA market has ups and downs as we saw with Machado/Harper vs some  pitchers last winter. Grandal turned down 4yr-$60 Mil last winter to take $16 this year. I think starting offers would be 3-$48Mil. I agree w some he is a luxury although we need a LH bat. 

16 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

The only caveat is 2017 is 3 years before 2020. He has been a stud for 5 years though.

30 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Don't think he'll be non tendered. He's remarkably consistent for a kid in age 21-24 seasons. Great power. He's the kind of guy who you wait for a break out season. His OPS has crept up little by little every year. You just don't see guys non tendered with the kind of power he has. Next year he could hit 40. I'd take a shot on him if he was cheap and if non tendered I'd be 1st in line for him.

Will they be willing to pay a platoon player $5/6M next season and potentially even more than that in 2021?

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rangers/rangers/2019/08/02/considered-pillar-future-nomar-mazaras-future-could-question-after-rangers-recent-roster-moves

4 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m not sure what some people see in Mazara outside of age. He’s mediocre at best and I’d rather give Leury RF until someone like Basabe can give it a shot

• Like 1