Future White Sox Lineup #GetExcited

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Neither. Signing Castellanos and Dickerson would make the Sox lineup really dangerous.

Yes please. I’m bummed Castellanos is exploding as I thought he was going to be less expensive yet a good candidate to blow up at a smaller park.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Yes please. I’m bummed Castellanos is exploding as I thought he was going to be less expensive yet a good candidate to blow up at a smaller park.

I think Castellanos can be signed for something like 5/60.. I don’t think he has that much of a market. The Cubs can’t afford to keep him and he is kind of a bad fit for NL teams. There aren’t that many AL teams ready to contend that have an obvious need at Dh/part time OF.

7 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Leury.

Neither plan is any good.  Puig is a 1.5 WAR true talent with a bad attitude and a propensity of pissing off his team mates.  It was fine when he was producing 4-5 WAR seasons.  Now he's producing 1-2 WAR seasons.  Pass.  Easy pass.

Leury plan has a fatal flaw -- lack of a suitable utility guy.  Yolmer is not getting offered arb (although it would be very Sox like to pay him 6 million next year) and Sox need a primary backup at SS/2B.  That guy should be Leury.  Find a real RF that can give an 800 OPS or higher.  Castellanos might fit the bill.

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Neither plan is any good.  Puig is a 1.5 WAR true talent with a bad attitude and a propensity of pissing off his team mates.  It was fine when he was producing 4-5 WAR seasons.  Now he's producing 1-2 WAR seasons.  Pass.  Easy pass.

Leury plan has a fatal flaw -- lack of a suitable utility guy.  Yolmer is not getting offered arb (although it would be very Sox like to pay him 6 million next year) and Sox need a primary backup at SS/2B.  That guy should be Leury.  Find a real RF that can give an 800 OPS or higher.  Castellanos might fit the bill.

Has Puig ever played on an MLB team with multiple Cubans? Not saying it’s guaranteed to work but having the veteran presence of Abreu as well Moncada and Robert may be enough to keep him in line.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I'd rather sign Castellanos than Abreu as DH. Better upside. More versatile. Can give Eloy a break in the OF when needed.

Are you putting Collins at 1B then?? Leury in the OF? Or are you adding a starting 1B, DH, and a RF(and a SP/RP) in the same offseason? 

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

Are you putting Collins at 1B then?? Leury in the OF? Or are you adding a starting 1B, DH, and a RF(and a SP/RP) in the same offseason? 

Collins can play there, Castellanos can play there. Hell, we can have flexibility at the DH. Sign Mark Kotsay to play there for extra flexibility

12 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Will they be willing to pay a platoon player $5/6M next season and potentially even more than that in 2021?

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rangers/rangers/2019/08/02/considered-pillar-future-nomar-mazaras-future-could-question-after-rangers-recent-roster-moves

I think so ,imagine if he breaks out then he's great trade bait, His name was thrown around at the deadline but the Rangers hung onto him. If they were seriously thinking to non tender him they probably bite on something that was offered.

4 hours ago, ron883 said:

I'd rather sign Castellanos than Abreu as DH. Better upside. More versatile. Can give Eloy a break in the OF when needed.

Sounds like the owner would rather sign Abreu, so you might want to think about dropping this particular crusade of yours (scintillating to read about as it is) and move onto something else.  

8 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Has Puig ever played on an MLB team with multiple Cubans? Not saying it’s guaranteed to work but having the veteran presence of Abreu as well Moncada and Robert may be enough to keep him in line.

The Sox are not a trademark organization for handling basket cases. 

10 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I don’t know where I heard this but I always thought Abreu hated Puig.  I doubt they sign him if that’s true.

What? Never heard that.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/blogs/triple-threat/Puig-and-Abreu-Face-Off-in-Dodgers-White-Sox-Series-261547021.html

"It's a normal day. We're going to take it like a normal day in the past. It's good to play against friends. He's a friend of mine,” Abreu told MBL.com about playing against Puig.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN0TY08820151215

13 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

What? Never heard that.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/blogs/triple-threat/Puig-and-Abreu-Face-Off-in-Dodgers-White-Sox-Series-261547021.html

"It's a normal day. We're going to take it like a normal day in the past. It's good to play against friends. He's a friend of mine,” Abreu told MBL.com about playing against Puig.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN0TY08820151215

Yeah... I tried to find it but I couldn’t.

27 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

A rumor that originated with Soxtalk I presume?

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t recall the source, I just remember there were rumors that Abreu didn’t like Puig back to their Cuba days.

I don’t think I heard it from SoxTalk.... Aside from being Cuban, they are polar opposites.  I could see it.

16 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Puig has a bad rep no doubt but those go back a while to his early Dodger days. Can anyone cite any more recent examples of boneheaded behavior by him ? It's not that I want him at all I'm just trying to get a clearer picture because so often here the reputations get misrepresented here based on events that might not be so recent.