Future White Sox Lineup #GetExcited

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

That would be giving up on Eloy way to soon IMO.

I don't necessarily agree that it's giving up on him. I think he needs to just hit. Learn how to hit in MLB, play LF later. More games at DH next year though. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

27 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't necessarily agree that it's giving up on him. I think he needs to just hit. Learn how to hit in MLB, play LF later. More games at DH next year though. 

I think Eloy has been better defensively than we were led to believe.  His speed is also better than many big power hitting types.  I do agree it is good to have flexibility between catchers, outfielders, 1st basemen all being DH from time to time as lineup warrants.  It is one reason that Grandal appeals to me.

Edited by poppysox

On 8/28/2019 at 1:33 PM, ChiSox59 said:

Sign Dellin Betances - 4 years / $48M

I don't have a quarrel with most of your other numbers but this one...the only way I think Betances signs for something like this is if he comes back and has an ERA of 5.5 or whatever and struggles through September and October. If teams are wondering if he's lost it, then his contract will wind up in this range (see: Kimbrel). 

If he comes back and has a dominant stretch run and playoff appearances, this is a league where Chapman got 5/$100 and Kenley Jansen got 5/$80 with an opt-out. If he shows it was just a one-time thing and you can still count on dominance from him, his money would be in that range. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 7:47 AM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The future lineup for the White Sox is coming together right before our eyes.

1. Madrigal - age 22.1 (120 wRC+ in A+)

2. Moncada - age 23.9 (155 wRC+ in MLB)

3. Martinez - age 31.7 (170 wRC+ in MLB, everyone here knows I love me some JDM)

4. Jimenez - age 22.4 (104 wRC+ in MLB)

5. Robert - age 21.7 (303 wRC+ in A+)

6. Vaughn - age 21.0 (1.24 OPS in college)

7. Collins - age 24.2 (148 wRC+ in AAA)

8. Anderson - age 25.8 (204 wRC+ in MLB)

9. Cordell - age 27.1 (367 wRC+ in MLB, 133 wRC+ in AAA)

#GetExcited

1. 110, 150, 117 wRC+ in A+, AA, AAA

2. 131 wRC+ in MLB

3. 142 wRC+ in MLB

4. 100 wRC+ in MLB

5. 305, 155, 136 wRC+ in A+, AA, AAA

6. 311, 138, 122 wRC+ in R, A, A+

7. 140, 48 wRC+ in AAA, MLB

8. 130 wRC+ in MLB

9. ???

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

On 8/31/2019 at 8:00 AM, 35thstreetswarm said:

I could see Puig coming here and having a career renaissance when surrounded by this team.  He has all the talent in the world.  It would be risky, but so was AJ...

Peer pressure from our Cuban connection might be just the thing.

3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

JDM in RF in that scenario? Not thrilled about that. 

LOL i don't know I just saw you had a spot for someone besides Cordell so I filled it. I didn't even look at the names too closely that corresponded with the numbers.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

I can see Puig coming here and putting up the same 1.5-2.5 WAR season he's put up for 5 of the last 7 years.  Dude had one year where he was a star and it was 7 years ago.

If we're signing 1.5-2.5 RF we're wasting money.  Go big or go home.  We can fill RF internally for free basically at those WAR values.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I can see Puig coming here and putting up the same 1.5-2.5 WAR season he's put up for 5 of the last 7 years.  Dude had one year where he was a star and it was 7 years ago.

If we're signing 1.5-2.5 RF we're wasting money.  Go big or go home.  We can fill RF internally for free basically at those WAR values.

So who is that right fielder you recommend?

39 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I don’t want Puig, but have you seen the production we’ve gotten out RF this year.  No idea how you think we’d be able to improve their internally.

34 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t want Puig, but have you seen the production we’ve gotten out RF this year.  No idea how you think we’d be able to improve their internally.

Leury is basically a 1.5 WAR player.  He'd be fine as a stop gap in RF next year.  I'm not advocating for that either but it wouldn't be the end of the world.  

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Leury is basically a 1.5 WAR player.  He'd be fine as a stop gap in RF next year.  I'm not advocating for that either but it wouldn't be the end of the world.  

I would rather use Engel than Leury in that case.  At least he can keep his head in the game.  Defense and speed wins games just like hitting.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

No go big or go home should be reserved for the starting pitching or someone like Rendon. There is no go big option for RF especially next year. Give the kids in the minors more time and if nothing happens wait on Betts then go big.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

He has a 82 wRC+ with a BABIP 24 points above his career average this season. Garcia is nothing more than a super sub on a good team. 

He doesn't even hit for enough power to be a supersub on good teams nor is he good fundamentally. The Leury's of baseball will always be there. There is no reason for him to be in the conversation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

I thought I read rumors that Abreu and Puig don't get along.

Didn't we answer this question somewhere else in the thread ? Anyway someone answered it and basically it was a non issue at least for public consumption.  Puig should not be in consideration. He marches to his own beat , doesn't listen to coaches, runs when he thinks he should run , misses cut off men. Not a good choice.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Didn't we answer this question somewhere else in the thread ? Anyway someone answered it and basically it was a non issue at least for public consumption.  Puig should not be in consideration. He marches to his own beat , doesn't listen to coaches, runs when he thinks he should run , misses cut off men. Not a good choice.

They are all pro ball players, they are all Cubans, and they speak the same language.  I have no doubt Abreu, Moncada, and Robert would welcome Puig with open arms.  But I'm sure Abreu could and would keep Puig under raps if he gets out of line.  I don't necessarily think Puig is the best option but he's definitely not the worst and I wouldn't be upset with him as our big RF signing.  But I am loving Balta's idea of signing/acquiring a one year stop-gap (i.e. Corey Dickerson) and then signing Betts next offseason to a massive deal.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

16 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

They are all pro ball players, they are all Cubans, and they speak the same language.  I have no doubt Abreu, Moncada, and Robert would welcome Puig with open arms.  But I'm sure Abreu could and would keep Puig under raps if he gets out of line.  I don't necessarily think Puig is the best option but he's definitely not the worst and I wouldn't be upset with him as our big RF signing.  But I am loving Balta's idea of signing/acquiring a one year stop-gap (i.e. Corey Dickerson) and then signing Betts next offseason to a massive deal.

That would probably mean no mega-deal this year though. I find it hard to believe you'd be OK with that.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 7:08 PM, Moan4Yoan said:

They are all pro ball players, they are all Cubans, and they speak the same language.  I have no doubt Abreu, Moncada, and Robert would welcome Puig with open arms.  But I'm sure Abreu could and would keep Puig under raps if he gets out of line.  I don't necessarily think Puig is the best option but he's definitely not the worst and I wouldn't be upset with him as our big RF signing.

This is like saying all white guys get along because they're white and speak english.  Ask Eaton and Frazier how that worked out.