Future White Sox Lineup #GetExcited

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

27 minutes ago, RTC said:

This is like saying all white guys get along because they're white and speak english.  Ask Eaton and Frazier how that worked out.

Not at all. Cuba has a smaller population than the State of Illinois and I imagine the process of defecting from their homeland creates a bond and life experience that unites countrymen like this that white boys like Eaton and Frazier could never relate to.

On 9/11/2019 at 6:47 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He doesn't even hit for enough power to be a supersub on good teams nor is he good fundamentally. The Leury's of baseball will always be there. There is no reason for him to be in the conversation.

While you are probably right, Leury would really, really help the Cubs right now.  

2 hours ago, RTC said:

This is like saying all white guys get along because they're white and speak english.  Ask Eaton and Frazier how that worked out.

It's different for foreign minorities. There is a bond/brotherhood, especially when they are on the same team. That's why Abreu became the instant mentor for Moncada. 

I can't believe people are penciling in Collins for the 2020 25 man roster.  For what?  What has he proven while he has been up?

He is a butcher behind the plate and has not shown he can hit  above the Mendoza line.

Let him catch the rest of the games this season and have the opportunity to prove otherwise.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tray said:

I can't believe people are penciling in Collins for the 2020 25 man roster.  For what?  What has he proven while he has been up?

He is a butcher behind the plate and has not shown he can hit  above the Mendoza line.

Let him catch the rest of the games this season and have the opportunity to prove otherwise.

Your take on Collins is the same as mine.  Let him play and show us he belongs.  Grandal is on my offseason get list.

I'd like to see us bring in

JD Martinez 

Grandal

Jake O or Bum or Stras or Wheeler

Alex Gordon

This will be expensive but I think you'll get a ton of value out of this group and can win 90 games. I don't think we have a shot at Cole, and I really want a second starter and would take a chance on Cole Hamels at the right price on a two year deal with an option. All of these guys would get 4 years or less and would be off the books when it is time to pay the core. 

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

JD Martinez 

Grandal

Alex Gordon

This will be expensive but I think you'll get a ton of value out of this group and can win 90 games. I don't think we have a shot at Cole, and I really want a second starter and would take a chance on Cole Hamels at the right price on a two year deal with an option. All of these guys would get 4 years or less and would be off the books when it is time to pay the core. 

Strasburg & Bumgarner are getting more than four years.

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

JD Martinez 

Grandal

Alex Gordon

Gordon only wants to play for KC.  Switch him out for Calhoun and the rest is fine and within the $ parameters you set.  I particularly think Grandal would fit great.  Need two of those starters and at least two solid RP.

• Like 1

Strasburg

Grandal

Will Smith

Ozuna- if miss out try to trade for joc pedersen and put in RF

Trade a package of Collins/Vaughn and minors starter for Pederson or RF. This allows Abreu/Eloy to DH when needed.

This strengthens every position of need and no deal other than strasburg would require more than 2-3 tops. 

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Gordon only wants to play for KC.  Switch him out for Calhoun and the rest is fine and within the $ parameters you set.  I particularly think Grandal would fit great.  Need two of those starters and at least two solid RP.

He may want to stay but they may not want him. I wouldn't pay him to lose 100 games the next two or three years. We will keep Abreu because we can win the division next year. I think we only get one good starter and a Cole Hamels wildcard type. We may need to trade for some relief. 

16 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Strasburg

Grandal

Will Smith

Ozuna- if miss out try to trade for joc pedersen and put in RF

Trade a package of Collins/Vaughn and minors starter for Pederson or RF. This allows Abreu/Eloy to DH when needed.

This strengthens every position of need and no deal other than strasburg would require more than 2-3 tops. 

Vaughn alone for Pederson would be such a comically bad trade for the White Sox. Cmon man 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Still hoping the White Sox sign JDM. He’d be an ideal fit even if they bring Abreu back for another two years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/red-sox-could-lose-mookie-betts-or-j-d-martinez-this-offseason-in-order-to-get-under-luxury-tax-report-says/amp/

I'm on the JDM train. That would require Abreu getting like a 1 year deal though which I don't think will happen.  

43 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Unless Vaughn absolutely sucks, he should be up sometime in 2021.  What are they doing to do with Abreu (DH), JDM (DH), and Vaughn?  

JDM will DH and play a little OF. Abreu will DH and play some 1b. Vaughn will play 1b but you could theoretically get all three in the lineup at the same time. Also, there’s no guarantee Vaughn will be ready by April/May 2021 so the second year on Abreu is a cheap insurance policy in case Vaughn isn’t ready.

21 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

JDM will DH and play a little OF. Abreu will DH and play some 1b. Vaughn will play 1b but you could theoretically get all three in the lineup at the same time. Also, there’s no guarantee Vaughn will be ready by April/May 2021 so the second year on Abreu is a cheap insurance policy in case Vaughn isn’t ready.

There is no way that works next year.  Collins also plays 1B/DH and would be counting on some of those AB's. 

They should be signing or trading for an actual MLB RF this off season.  The chance that JDM/Abreu (Who will both be on multi-year contracts) + Vaughn being in the lineup at the same time would be a handful of times a year at best.  It doesn't make any sense.