Future White Sox Lineup #GetExcited

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

On 6/13/2019 at 8:46 PM, Moan4Yoan said:

So it looks like the only hole right now is RF going forward.  I would love to get a near ready OF prospect for Colome but I’m not sure how realistic that is.  The three best OF free agents are Ozuna, Puig, and Castellanos.  So what’s the plan?

2B  Nick Madrigal
CF  Luis Robert
3B  Yoan Moncada
DH  Jose Abreu  (if he accepts a short team-friendly deal)
LF  Eloy Jimenez
SS  Tim Anderson
1B  Andrew Vaughn
C  James McCann / Zack Collins
RF  ???

Scooter Gennett plays some OF. I don't know how well but he is a lefty with some pop , Madrigal is starting to look like a surer bet to make it before any of the minor league Outfielders at this point.

5 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Guess who played RF tonight for the Red Sox...I know he sucks defensively but that lineup with JDM in RF and Abreu at DH might score 900 runs. Especially if they also signed Grandal to catch.

You can’t play an outfield with JDM and Eloy. You just can’t. 

Robert would have to be willie mays x 2 to make that work

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Nardiwashere said:

I wanted machado too but the Astros won a World Series two years ago after bringing in a number of free agents like Beltrán and Reddick and McCann.  They didn’t sign a “big fish”

Trouble with "big fish" is they suck up all the resources so you have trouble signing "good sized" fish.

8 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think JDM is definitely attainable, but I don’t see them adding him and then resigning Abreu.  If you add JDM, it’s to be the DH pure and simple.

Depends on what Abreu is willing to sign for. If it’s a 1 or 2 year deal having both guys could definitely work.

3 hours ago, mqr said:

You can’t play an outfield with JDM and Eloy. You just can’t. 

Robert would have to be willie mays x 2 to make that work

Slide Eloy to DH when you play JDM in RF or LF, Abreu at 1b. Vaughn won’t be ready until late next year or early 2021.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

On 6/12/2019 at 12:48 PM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Still looking 💪

1. Madrigal - 106 wRC+ in A+, 294 wRC+ in AA

2. Moncada - 128 wRC+ in MLB

3. Martinez - 137 wRC+ in MLB

4. Jimenez - 96 wRC+ in MLB

5. Robert - 297 wRC+ in A+, 169 wRC+ in AA

6. Vaughn - 1.242 OPS in college

7. Collins - 123 wRC+ in AAA

8. Anderson - 122 wRC+ in MLB

9. Basabe - 144 wRC+ in A, 76 wRC+ in AA

When I created this thread back in April I was thinking this was a 2021 lineup but we could see this lineup come together as early as next season. This is going to be fun 🥳

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ron883 said:

@greg775 are you ready to admit the rebuild was worth it?

Of course not. The Eloy trade in my mind makes me OK with Hahn being our GM forever. A trade or two is fine. I never saw the need to tear everything down and never will. For instance, the rebuild is continuing with my feeling that the Sox still don't care about making the playoffs this season. My type of fan is one who says, hmmm we are .500. Let's do the tinkering that gets us in the playoffs NOW.

In summary ... greg now is a Hahn supporter forever because of one trade (Eloy). I'm not trolling. I am serious. You won't hear any more negativity about Hahn from me. Also ... I am OK with Ricky now because of what I deem the overachieving of this team.

ELOY, please stay healthy. Baseball and the White Sox need you.

28 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Of course not. The Eloy trade in my mind makes me OK with Hahn being our GM forever. A trade or two is fine. I never saw the need to tear everything down and never will. For instance, the rebuild is continuing with my feeling that the Sox still don't care about making the playoffs this season. My type of fan is one who says, hmmm we are .500. Let's do the tinkering that gets us in the playoffs NOW.

In summary ... greg now is a Hahn supporter forever because of one trade (Eloy). I'm not trolling. I am serious. You won't hear any more negativity about Hahn from me. Also ... I am OK with Ricky now because of what I deem the overachieving of this team.

Eloy was a product of the rebuild though. Without the rebuild, there is no Eloy, no Giolito, no Yoan. The team would be very ugly without the rebuild. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ron883 said:

Eloy was a product of the rebuild though. Without the rebuild, there is no Eloy, no Giolito, no Yoan. The team would be very ugly without the rebuild. 

No, the team would be ugly without the trades. Who knows who we'd have drafted if we were a few spots worse. So far our draftees are not awesome. Eloy forever!

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

No, the team would be ugly without the trades. Who knows who we'd have drafted if we were a few spots worse. So far our draftees are not awesome. Eloy forever!

Trading Sale, Quintana, and Eaton for prospects isn't rebuilding to you?

On 6/19/2019 at 2:14 PM, greg775 said:

It takes a big man!🙂

On 6/19/2019 at 8:54 AM, Eloy Jiménez said:

Fun times. Rebuild Totally worth it

Did we miss the headline that our Sox had returned to the postseason, after more than a decade since the team’s last (and very brief) appearance there?  If not, please no premature declarations about “rebuild totally worth it”, pls.  

11 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Did we miss the headline that our Sox had returned to the postseason, after more than a decade since the team’s last (and very brief) appearance there?  If not, please no premature declarations about “rebuild totally worth it”, pls.  

Fair point. This team still needs to come together and win a tom of games. We are not out of the woods just yet. The FO also has a job to do. 

On 6/19/2019 at 6:56 PM, ron883 said:

Trading Sale, Quintana, and Eaton for prospects isn't rebuilding to you?

Nope they are 3 trades. The decision to not bring in any immediate talent and tanking is the rebuild part of it.

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Nope they are 3 trades. The decision to not bring in any immediate talent and tanking is the rebuild part of it.

If you didn't make the 3 trades you probably couldn't tank. Most likely stumble and pick 10-12 but not pick top 5. 

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

This is ridiculous greg and you know it. Trading your immediate talent for guys who aren't in the majors is most definitely tanking. You're playing dumb here for the sake of being stubborn. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Dealing your "ace" two years in a row is most definitely a tank.  

Also: There are a lot of OF prospects in the system that could take the RF spot, or move Robert to a corner.  You can have Tilson in RF in the meantime.  Or maybe Basabe or Rutherford or Adolfo or Gonzalez or even Walker.  They are all at different stages of development, but if we are talking about '20 or '21, one of those names might be up with the team...or even traded for a controllable young RFer.

• Like 1

I think Gonzalez and Walker will be the two outfielders that come out the other side.

Robert
Moncada#
Jimenez
Vaughn
Collins*
Anderson
Walker*
Madrigal
Gonzalez*

Seems like a lineup we could see late next year. I would love for Hahn to go after Marco Gonzales in trade. Likely sign Puig and Abreu to short deals and pick up some depth like Wood as he is recovering from a back issue and Wacha.

I really like Steele Walker as a definite possibility of a nice MLB outfield piece within a couple of years.  Hopefully with the Sox.  I am a little nervous of Hahn trading away the wrong minor league prospects to be honest.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I really like Steele Walker as a definite possibility of a nice MLB outfield piece within a couple of years.  Hopefully with the Sox.  I am a little nervous of Hahn trading away the wrong minor league prospects to be honest.

In some ways this is going to be much tougher than the initial tear down.   The Sox were basically the prettiest girl at the dance when they had a fire sale on prime So Cal beachfront property in the form of Chris Sale, Adam Eaton and Jose Quintana. 

They had plenty of suitors bidding against themselves and could pick among many different options.  

Now they are in a position where they are going to have to be the chaser.  They will most certainly have to fill out the roster by trading prospects in the next few years.  I don't really trust Hahn to trade the right ones either.  Maybe KW can offer some input into that he rarely seemed to get burned.

29 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

In some ways this is going to be much tougher than the initial tear down.   The Sox were basically the prettiest girl at the dance when they had a fire sale on prime So Cal beachfront property in the form of Chris Sale, Adam Eaton and Jose Quintana. 

They had plenty of suitors bidding against themselves and could pick among many different options.  

Now they are in a position where they are going to have to be the chaser.  They will most certainly have to fill out the roster by trading prospects in the next few years.  I don't really trust Hahn to trade the right ones either.  Maybe KW can offer some input into that he rarely seemed to get burned.

The one thing they have historically done extremely well is not get burned trading guys away.  They can identify outgoing talent but not incoming talent it seems.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

The one thing they have historically done extremely well is not get burned trading guys away.  They can identify outgoing talent but not incoming talent it seems.  

Throwing in Tatis to sweeten the Shields deal was a bit of a burn :cool:

• Like 1