Future White Sox Lineup #GetExcited

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

5 hours ago, ron883 said:

This is ridiculous greg and you know it. Trading your immediate talent for guys who aren't in the majors is most definitely tanking. You're playing dumb here for the sake of being stubborn. 

Take that back...Greg is not stubborn.

On 6/15/2019 at 7:41 AM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Slide Eloy to DH when you play JDM in RF or LF, Abreu at 1b. Vaughn won’t be ready until late next year or early 2021.

Eloy is already a better outfielder than JDM and getting better each day.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:
  1. Madrigal, 2B
  2. Robert, CF
  3. Moncada, 3B#
  4. Jimenez, LF
  5. Vaughn, 1B
  6. Ozuna, RF
  7. Collins, DH*
  8. Anderson, SS
  9. McCann, C

This is ideal and should happen.  Will it?  I’m not betting Greg’s house on it.

Who is your backup catcher in this scenario?

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

This is ideal and should happen.  Will it?  I’m not betting Greg’s house on it.

Who is your backup catcher in this scenario?

I’m not giving up on the idea of Collins being in the mix, but McCann has been pretty impressive even when accounting for all the BABIP luck and as of now I’d ideally like to see him kept around (this is all subject to change upon further observation).  If another catcher is needed, we can always add a cheap veteran if Zavala doesn’t look the part.

I do think any interesting idea would be to add Grandal, resign McCann, and go with a three man rotation at C & DH, with Collins getting a little bit of time at 1B when Vaughn needs a day off.  It would 100% depend on McCann’s salary depends when it comes to an extension, but if he’s looking for something reasonable it’s an interesting concept that could help us get a ton of value out of the catcher spot.

29 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He DH’ed Collins in his lineup.  I would assume he has another catcher on his roster then.

I’m personally not that concerned about McCann getting hurt mid- game and losing the DH.  If that happens it would suck but it’s impact would be limited to one game.  To me, that’s not a big deal.

• Like 1

If Collins gets a good chunk of at bats at DH going forward (after this year), probably go with a defensive-first catcher as the primary back-up with Collins getting occasional starts. Or go with a versatile catcher (rare, I know) who can at least add depth to the bench (where are those Swihart fans at?).

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

If Collins gets a good chunk of at bats at DH going forward (after this year), probably go with a defensive-first catcher as the primary back-up with Collins getting occasional starts. Or go with a versatile catcher (rare, I know) who can at least add depth to the bench (where are those Swihart fans at?).

Yeah, that would definitely be ideal.

3 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He DH’ed Collins in his lineup.  I would assume he has another catcher on his roster then.

Maybe, but you wouldn't have to. If James needs a break let him DH and Collins catch. If James gets hurt, move Collins to catcher and let some else DH on the roster. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2019 at 7:47 AM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The future lineup for the White Sox is coming together right before our eyes.

1. Madrigal - age 22.1 (120 wRC+ in A+)

2. Moncada - age 23.9 (155 wRC+ in MLB)

3. Martinez - age 31.7 (170 wRC+ in MLB, everyone here knows I love me some JDM)

4. Jimenez - age 22.4 (104 wRC+ in MLB)

5. Robert - age 21.7 (303 wRC+ in A+)

6. Vaughn - age 21.0 (1.24 OPS in college)

7. Collins - age 24.2 (148 wRC+ in AAA)

8. Anderson - age 25.8 (204 wRC+ in MLB)

9. Cordell - age 27.1 (367 wRC+ in MLB, 133 wRC+ in AAA)

#GetExcited

Very little has changed since April 19th. 2021 lineup is still very well intact, except I’m not as confident JDM will opt out as I was 4 months ago and yes RF is still a black hole (damn you Jerry for not breaking the bank on Bryce).

Also, since JDM likely won’t opt out and it’s clear Abreu will still be on the team for a couple more years at least, replace JDM with Abreu. Not quite as impressive but still a damn strong lineup (and hopefully they slide Abreu down to #5 in that scenario). If they can figure out RF, I’d argue in another 20 months there isn’t a single glaring hole in that lineup, barring injury,

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Also, since JDM likely won’t opt out and it’s clear Abreu will still be on the team for a couple more years at least, replace JDM with Abreu. Not quite as impressive but still a damn strong lineup (and hopefully they slide Abreu down to #5 in that scenario). If they can figure out RF, I’d argue in another 20 months there isn’t a single glaring hole in that lineup, barring injury,

I still believe that Martinez is gonna opt out.