Future White Sox Lineup #GetExcited

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

If he hits well in AA, he could be up in July or August, which would not be within a year of his draft date. 

This is more in reference to the poster that thinks JDM/Abreu/Vaughn/Collins could somehow work out in the DH/1B positions.

Unless Vaughn is Luis Robert at the plate he's not going to be up next year.

4 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

This is more in reference to the poster that thinks JDM/Abreu/Vaughn/Collins could somehow work out in the DH/1B positions.

Unless Vaughn is Luis Robert at the plate he's not going to be up next year.

Yeah, Vaughn being called up next year will depend on how he hits as well as who we sign this offseason. 

27 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I honestly wouldn't put it past him. His bat is that advanced. 

I feel like our minors are going to explode with depth next year.  All the down years are going to turn into gold.  Hansen, Adolfo & Burger with monster comebacks.  Rutherford gets a little better, Walker looks better.  Maybe Stiever gets really interesting.  

Im pumped. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

I feel like our minors are going to explode with depth next year.  All the down years are going to turn into gold.  Hansen, Adolfo & Burger with monster comebacks.  Rutherford gets a little better, Walker looks better.  Maybe Stiever gets really interesting.  

Im pumped. 

I think Luis Gonzalez is going to get back to being a legit prospect next year. 

9 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

There is no way that works next year.  Collins also plays 1B/DH and would be counting on some of those AB's. 

They should be signing or trading for an actual MLB RF this off season.  The chance that JDM/Abreu (Who will both be on multi-year contracts) + Vaughn being in the lineup at the same time would be a handful of times a year at best.  It doesn't make any sense.

I think they’ll roll with McCann and Collins next year at catcher. I think his bat has potential but I really don’t want to see Collins spending much time at 1b or DH next season. Again, we don’t know when Vaughn will be ready. Presumably, it will be sometime in 2021 but you never know with injuries, performance, etc. It doesn’t hurt to have a little depth for once and Abreu will serve as a relatively cheap insurance policy in that regard (I’m assuming he gets ~$12M/yr). Even if Vaughn is up in 2021, you’re only talking about a logjam for a few months of the season. I don’t see it as a huge problem when JDM can play some outfield and Abreu and Vaughn can share 1b duties. Can’t remember the last time this team had too many hitters but it would be a nice problem to have.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I think they’ll roll with McCann and Collins next year at catcher. I think his bat has potential but I really don’t want to see Collins spending much time at 1b or DH next season. Again, we don’t know when Vaughn will be ready. Presumably, it will be sometime in 2021 but you never know with injuries, performance, etc. It doesn’t hurt to have a little depth for once and Abreu will serve as a relatively cheap insurance policy in that regard (I’m assuming he gets ~$12M/yr). Even if Vaughn is up in 2021, you’re only talking about a logjam for a few months of the season. I don’t see it as a huge problem when JDM can play some outfield and Abreu and Vaughn can share 1b duties. Can’t remember the last time this team had too many hitters but it would be a nice problem to have.

The last two games have been enjoyable to watch...since we were the ones doing the mashing.

I'm starting to think that Grandal should be the first target because whether or not we sign him will affect who else we go after. If we can't sign Grandal, that means McCann and Collins will be the catchers, and somebody like JDM would make sense at DH. But if we do sign Grandal, then there is no need for an additional DH because Grandal, McCann, Collins, and Abreu will just rotate between 1B, DH, and C.

Overpay Grandal right away. Last year, he turned down a contract of 4 years, 60 million. If we offer him 3 for $65 right off the bat, will that be good enough to get him to sign immediately? 

6 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

I'm starting to think that Grandal should be the first target because whether or not we sign him will affect who else we go after. If we can't sign Grandal, that means McCann and Collins will be the catchers, and somebody like JDM would make sense at DH. But if we do sign Grandal, then there is no need for an additional DH because Grandal, McCann, Collins, and Abreu will just rotate between 1B, DH, and C.

Overpay Grandal right away. Last year, he turned down a contract of 4 years, 60 million. If we offer him 3 for $65 right off the bat, will that be good enough to get him to sign immediately? 

I don't think Hahn will be going after Grandal at all. I think he is perfectly fine with McCann/Collins/Zavala/Mercedes and will spend the money elsewhere

• 9 months later...

Didn’t foresee the Grandal signing and I’d rather have JDM at DH than EE, but this everyday lineup is really starting to come together. At least we can slide Jose to DH next year when Vaughn is promoted.

TA, Moncada, Robert, Eloy, Vaughn, Jose, Grandal, Pederson, Madrigal sounds amazing next year and beyond.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Abreu has no business batting third. Neither does Grandal belong at 4.

1 Anderson R

2 Moncada L

3 Robert R

4 Jimenez R

5 Grandal L

6 Encarnacion R

7 Mazara (when he gets back) L

8 Abreu R

9 Madrigal R

I’ve never been a big fan of Grandal. Was one of the few on here that wasn’t overly thrilled when they signed him. Hopefully he proves me wrong. I’m fine with Abreu in the middle of the order this year. He’s still a good hitter with men on base.

9 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Abreu has no business batting third. Neither does Grandal belong at 4.

1 Anderson R

2 Moncada L

3 Robert R

4 Jimenez R

5 Grandal L

6 Encarnacion R

7 Mazara (when he gets back) L

8 Abreu R

9 Madrigal R

I agree. Eloy needs to be hitting closer to Moncada should not be hitting 6th. I'd put him 3rd or 4th.

When Mazara and Madrigal are ready:

1. Anderson SS

2. Moncada 3B

3. Jimenez LF

4. Abreu 1B

5. Grandal C

6. Robert CF

7. Encarnacion DH

8. Mazara RF

9. Madrigal 2B

Edit: this is the linup I use in The Show. I got sick of too many slow guys being in front of Robert so I had to flip him and Edwin.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

When Mazara and Madrigal are ready:

1. Anderson SS

2. Moncada 3B

3. Jimenez LF

4. Abreu 1B

5. Grandal C

6. Robert CF

7. Encarnacion DH

8. Mazara RF

9. Madrigal 2B

Edit: this is the linup I use in The Show. I got sick of too many slow guys being in front of Robert so I had to flip him and Edwin.

I’d put Robert third and bump everyone behind him down one spot. The combination of speed and power from TA, Moncada, and Robert at the top of the lineup would be a sight to behold. They’d be doing an awful lot of first inning damage, that’s for sure.