Future White Sox Lineup #GetExcited

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

4 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

It will be interesting to hear the front office's excuses if they punt this offseason again and don't spend significantly. 

The fanbase will riot if the money isn’t spent.  This past offseason they had an excuse that they were a year early.  Come this winter it’s now or never time.

4 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Anyone else not see Kopech starting out in the minors next year? I would think the MLBPA would get involved thinking that it is service time manipulation.

I don’t think it happens, but I think it would totally be fair game if they added a couple starters and simply said they need to get the rust off before joining the big league rotation.

22 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If he has a decent 2nd half I think Keuchel really could be a good matchup. Since we have an all-righty rotation otherwise, he does give some balance, playoff veteran, no draft pick attached, and you could probably get away with a 2-3 year deal after the offseason here. Plus you don't have to worry about Bumgarner coming in and lecturing Tim Anderson about bat flips.

Just don’t like Keuchel at this point.  I think you could probably get Wood on a pillow contract for a fraction of the cost and he just might outproduce him in 2020.

• Like 2

So it looks like the only hole right now is RF going forward.  I would love to get a near ready OF prospect for Colome but I’m not sure how realistic that is.  The three best OF free agents are Ozuna, Puig, and Castellanos.  So what’s the plan?

2B  Nick Madrigal
CF  Luis Robert
3B  Yoan Moncada
DH  Jose Abreu  (if he accepts a short team-friendly deal)
LF  Eloy Jimenez
SS  Tim Anderson
1B  Andrew Vaughn
C  James McCann / Zack Collins
RF  ???

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

So it looks like the only hole right now is RF going forward.  I would love to get a near ready OF prospect for Colome but I’m not sure how realistic that is.  The three best OF free agents are Ozuna, Puig, and Castellanos.  So what’s the plan?

2B  Nick Madrigal
CF  Luis Robert
3B  Yoan Moncada
DH  Jose Abreu  (if he accepts a short team-friendly deal)
LF  Eloy Jimenez
SS  Tim Anderson
1B  Andrew Vaughn
C  James McCann / Zack Collins
RF  ???

Puig is fine as a stopgap until they figure it out 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Puig is fine as a stopgap until they figure it out 

It would be nice if he continues to suck.  Then I could see the Sox having a good chance at signing him and he would obviously be a good candidate to bounce back.  Turning 29 in the offseason.  All the Cubans!

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It only took 6 months but I see everyone has now figured out why I was saying last offseason that Harper was the much better fit than Machado for the Sox both now and in the future. Big missed opportunity there.

Yep, he would’ve been perfect for what position is needed and for the fan draw and marketing.  And $25 million a year, albeit for 13 years, isn’t a payroll killer.

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Spot on man.  That being said, I do think Cole & Rendon won’t happen.  Anyone after them I think is fair game though.  Either way, the team is going to spend some serious money this offseason regardless of how badly we botched the Machado deal.

Yah I said nothing about Rendon personally. I don’t see that happening and I wouldn’t mess with Moncada anymore. I don’t really think Rendon is really even worth discussing. 

My dream offseason is Cole, Grandal, Wood and Gennett. Could totally live with just the first three! Just think Gennet would be a nice guy we could potentially shift to RF when Madrigal arrives and bounce him around the diamond. 

3 hours ago, Whitesox27 said:

I have no expectations for them to sign anyone good in free agency at this point. This past offseason crushed any hope I ever had for this front office to do the right thing.

It was crushing. But there is a legitimate chance the Sox could put themselves in a much better position without Machado than they’d be in with him if the money is spent. And that is coming from someone that wanted Machado as much as anyone. 

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It was crushing. But there is a legitimate chance the Sox could put themselves in a much better position without Machado than they’d be in with him if the money is spent. And that is coming from someone that wanted Machado as much as anyone. 

They could be in a much better position because they didn't get  Machado, but I just can't get my hopes up that the Sox will sign any notable free agents until proven otherwise based on what happened last offseason. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

They could be in a much better position because they didn't get  Machado, but I just can't get my hopes up that the Sox will sign any notable free agents until proven otherwise based on what happened last offseason. 

Yep, I said could. It’s fair to be skeptical. But it’s also okay to realize the Sox aren’t going to suddenly sport payrolls south of 100 million regularly moving forward. 

• Love 1

Guys like Cole and Rendon are pipe dreams.  They will be the top tier talent this offseason and will receive the top offers.  The Sox only hope is a guy like Puig continuing to have a bad season and getting him on a discount.  Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn’t been following the Sox.

5 hours ago, Dan of Steel said:

In hindsight, not signing Machado worked out for the Sox.

I don't think Moncada makes the same strides in his game without being moved to third. Doesn't happen if Machado is signed. 

Would've liked Harper though, but seems like he was dead set to stay in the NL. 

Not hindsight. I was calling for this before the season started.

7 minutes ago, poppysox said:

While our current starters leave something to be desired other than Gio...the bullpen pieces of Marshall, Bummer, Herrera & Colome look very, very good.  Dare I say... exceptional.

Herrera?!?  Because of one game?  And Colome will be traded so enjoy him while you can.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

19 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Guys like Cole and Rendon are pipe dreams.  They will be the top tier talent this offseason and will receive the top offers.  The Sox only hope is a guy like Puig continuing to have a bad season and getting him on a discount.  Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn’t been following the Sox.

Puig won’t even be a top 10 free agent, so there’s definitely other guys that we’ll be in the mix for and likely land.  People have gone completely overboard with their negativity.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Puig won’t even be a top 10 free agent, so there’s definitely other guys that we’ll be in the mix for and likely land.  People have gone completely overboard with their negativity.

Puig will be lucky to do better than a 2 year deal unless he has a monster second half this season.

Are there any possible bats we can target with our depth? We have a lot of depth in the OF. Any package we can do where we trade 2 of them plus something else for a corner bat? Looking at the current standings, could that be from the Pirates, Padres (they're willing to trade anyone outside of Tatis, Machado, Hosmer apparently), Reds, Marlins, Mariners, Jays?