4/19 White Sox @ Tigers | 6:10 PM CT | Rodon v Zimmerman

Jose Abreu

2 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Yes, he homered, I know. Just because he does good things every once in a while (he's 3-26Ā with 8 KsĀ since homering twice in the Bronx) doesn't mean I feel the need to watch every one of his at-bats. He pounds the ball into the ground, he flails hopelessly at breaking balls, etc. Yes, I think he will get it together and be a star, but right this moment, there's nothing making me want desperately to watch him hit. Also, his defense in the last game sucked.

The dude has like 75 career MLB ABs. Ā And he will never be a good defensive player.Ā 

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

jesus, i'm a cynical fuck but enjoy the journey man eloy is going to be at very least a 3 WAR hitter sooner than later.

I actually donā€™t know how well his skills will translate towards WAR. Heā€™s going to have negative base running and defense. He can be a big contributor despite the typical big WAR numbers.

• Haha 1

Just now, fathom said:

I actually donā€™t know how well his skills will translate towards WAR. Heā€™s going to have negative base running and defense. He can be a big contributor despite the typical big WAR numbers.

This is a valid point. Maybe if he moves to 1B he could get better defensive WAR?Ā 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

slashing 290/330/550 is worth about 3 unless his defense and baserunning are historically bad.Ā  Ā He can do that.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

I honestly want to see where Engel stacks up to some of the worst hitters the Sox have ever had and compare the numbers.Ā 

Iā€™m sure he ranks pretty high up there with the bad. If Cordell can play CF he may take his job.Ā 

• Like 1