4/19 White Sox @ Tigers | 6:10 PM CT | Rodon v Zimmerman

Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

At the same time, that ball was golfed. There is no way that anyone could reasonably have thought that was going to go that far. 

I mean it came off the bat at 109.3 mph.  It was hit hard.  How about a simple "this ball is deep, this ball is hit well, this ball is OUTA HERE".  And if it's not you can just change it to "caught at the track".

He should get a standard call going for deep fly balls and HRs.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Moncada with 6 bombs already (and should've had 7 but was robbed.. well... got one brought back in for a double).

You guys think he's hitting 30?

Yes, he looks ready to sacrifice 15 points of OBP for 50-75 of slugging, good trade for him at this point in his career.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Moncada with 6 bombs already (and should've had 7 but was robbed.. well... got one brought back in for a double).

I honestly do now. How nice would it be if him and Eloy chase each other all summer :) 

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

.282./348/.503 27/87 is my prediction based on his start and assuming good health. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

For all the complaining, you wouldn't think Carlos Rodon is tied for 2nd in baseball in fWAR 

If he can get to 5 fWAR off a 90 mph heater by the of of 30 starts I'll be impressed.  I don't think he can.  It's just not possible, eventually nobody will even bother to swing at his slider until there are two strikes.