Tim Anderson to be suspended 1 game for... language?

Jose Abreu

One thing I've been wondering about since the post-game: Did any reporter ask Tim if he said anything that earned an ejection? Usually you'd expect a player to deny or just not answer, but always a chance a guy admits to making a mistake and then you have no confusion.

Just now, GGajewski18 said:

Tim got suspended one game for use of language lol

I've never heard of this in my life of baseball - a language based suspension.

Language leads to an ejection, not a suspension. 

This is, ONCE AGAIN, MLB protecting Joe West which is just baffling to me; truly baffling. 

West couldn't have thrown Tim out for throwing the bat because they are trying to promote that - so even though that is why West ejected him, they're now going to pretend it was because of foul language.

I'm very interested to see how this suspension holds up - it's unprecedented in baseball, and you have to imagine the union actually has a decent chance of winning an appeal. 

1 minute ago, Jake said:

One thing I've been wondering about since the post-game: Did any reporter ask Tim if he said anything that earned an ejection? Usually you'd expect a player to deny or just not answer, but always a chance a guy admits to making a mistake and then you have no confusion.

Just heard an interview with Lawrence Holmes and I believe Tim said he does not know why he was thrown out of the game.

Just now, Baron said:

Say what you want about the other commissioners. But this sport needs a new one bad. 

Manfred makes me pine for Bud, I'm not kidding.  He is absolutely clueless.  Making the independent leagues try out some of his hair brained ideas -- I thought that was dumb, this is even dumber.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Managers swear at umpires all the time after getting tossed. Getting suspended for language is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Kyle Schwarber got caught on a hot mic at the end of last week after he struck out to end the game saying "Fuck You" as he charged at the umpire. 

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So firing a baseball at a player is the same level of offense as some bad words.  False equivalence is a helluva fucking thing.

Throwing a baseball at a guy getting only 5 games should be viewed as even more ridiculous than the Anderson suspension. 

So Keller misses zero starts - he'll just have his start pushed back a day - and Tim has to miss a game.

So Tim hits a Homer - MLB promotes the hell out of it. 

Keller assaults Tim for it. Keller loses zero starts, Tim loses one.

This is like when the NFL used to tweet out and show all the massive hits of the weekend before and then, after promoting the hits and monetizing them, they would fine the player for the hit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And MLB continues to protect Joe West. It makes no sense.

Country Joe West sells more tickets I guess...I know that is why I go to every game when he is in town.  When is that Joe West Bobble Ass night again?

• Haha 3