Tim Anderson to be suspended 1 game for... language?

Jose Abreu

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Tim Anderson has gained quite the twitter following and love. Everyone on Passan's tweet and the countless others tweeting FreeTim. 

Watch the world turn on him when we find out what he said 😐

Joe West is a much bigger problem.

There was no reason to throw any one out.

Warn both benches and move on 

MLB needs to adopt similar rules as the NBA regarding bench-clearing.

If I was Tim, I'd appeal it.

The Royals announcers take on this incident was laughable.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 2

There is always an inequity when an everyday starter is suspended compared to all other players and pitchers. You could say his rest day just comes sooner, etc. 

I can think of a few language things that could get a player suspended. Racial, sexual, etc. So I'll save any complaining until we know what he said. 

6 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Joe West is a much bigger problem.

There was no reason to throw any one out.

Warn both benches and move on 

MLB needs to adopt similar rules as the NBA regarding bench-clearing.

If I was Tim, I'd appeal it.

The Royals announcers take on this incident was laughable.

Huh? Keller obviously should be tossed for intentionally throwing at a hitter. 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I wonder why Anderson got disciplined and Schwarber didn’t. It’s a head-scratcher! 

It is all situational like some people were arguing the other day...Tim shouldn't have celebrated that much because it was not an "important" home run...Schwarber was upset because it was the end of the game so it was understandable that he should have been upset but not Tim because it was the middle of the game...see it is all situational...in other words it's bullshit.

The thing I think about is if Anderson said something bad enough to earn a suspension, it would almost certainly have to be something bad enough that you can't wave it off with a 1-game suspension and no comment about what was said

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Tim Anderson has gained quite the twitter following and love. Everyone on Passan's tweet and the countless others tweeting FreeTim. 

If theres any good news to this it's that the White Sox have found themselves a new national name to market outside Abreu.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Some speculation that Timmy dropped an F bomb.  That type that you can't say.  If so, he can take the one game.   

See if it was that — and I agree this seems like the most likely magic word to get him in justified trouble — I'm not sure if what has been done is adequate. If I was an opponent I'd be upset he isn't getting named and shamed for that as several other players have been

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

There is always an inequity when an everyday starter is suspended compared to all other players and pitchers. You could say his rest day just comes sooner, etc. 

I can think of a few language things that could get a player suspended. Racial, sexual, etc. So I'll save any complaining until we know what he said. 

You got a point. If Timmy let a homophobic slur out in the heat of the moment, their hands are tied. Not saying he did, but we need more details if he’s getting suspended for only language.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

@Tony Some speculation that Timmy dropped an F bomb.  The  type that you can't say.  If so, he can take the one game.   

I've seen it as pure speculation on Twitter and reddit. Nothing to substantiate it. But that type of language is usually disclosed. We would know if he did.