Tim Anderson to be suspended 1 game for... language?

Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Not sure the NFL and NBA could field a roster most games if the refs suspended black guys for dropping a N____a" once and awhile in the course of play.

The sentences in an NBA game would be reduced by 20%. 

Suspending Tim Anderson for this is so out of touch.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm not kidding when I say I've watched this video 20-30 times and I LMAO every fucking time when Thor drops the deadpan "I was trying to throw a fuckin' fastball" when it was 10 feet wide.  It's just so perfect, everything about it.

I can't throw a fastball now? What's up with that man!?

Terry had clearly talked to the umpire before the game, and the ump agreed with how absurd it was that the Dodgers just kept hitting the Mets over and over again... but then Noah get's ejected and the umpire is like shit... I agree Terry but it's still not OK.

Just now, Jake said:

FYI the NFL started penalizing players for saying the N word (at least in earshot of the refs) a couple years ago

Yeah but I doubt they go back and look at video to look for it. MLB is so out of touch. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jake said:

So chances are he said something along the lines of "you [n words] ..."

Has there been any explicit ban on this language by black players like the NFL has done?

Technically I think there is. It has absolutely never been enforced though. 

Just now, chw42 said:

Yeah but I doubt they go back and look at video to look for it. MLB is so out of touch. 

I can go along with a policy against it, but it would be news to me if there is one. I don't think this would be the time to create one.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It gets dumber by the minute. Mlb sees the anger and does damage control. Turns out they lied about their damage control and some players from the Sox called them on it so they redacted their comment.

Screenshot_20190419-132318_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thats some b.s.