Tim Anderson to be suspended 1 game for... language?

Jose Abreu

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

It doesn’t matter. If he used a word of a racial nature that they wouldn’t want anyone to use at any time, he deserves the suspension. You can’t have a double standard.

If there is no explicit policy about this, and Tim used the n-word, I don't see any justification to suspend him when nobody knew it was against the rules. And yes I think it would be fair to have a double-standard in which Keller would be punished much, much more harshly if he used the N word at Tim's expense (or at all)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Yikes, as mentioned heard this countless times from black guys on the courts in brooklyn, no white guy or mexican or chinese guy (Sunset Park courts, very diverse) ever did much of anything except laugh or play on.  It has zero affect because you know we aren't black.

MLB is laughably out of touch with 2019.

Just now, mqr said:

This the first time I've ever heard of someone saying that. Somehow I doubt it's the first time it's been said. 

I mean based on the UD definition Tim wasnt wrong lol

A skinny n* who tries to mack on girls and flexes his muscles that look like twigs. A weak-ass n* will act like he's tough around his friends, but when he gets confronted, he won't do shit. Also, weak ass n*think that they are strong, but struggle to hold open a metal door

lol

6 minutes ago, Jake said:

If there is no explicit policy about this, and Tim used the n-word, I don't see any justification to suspend him when nobody knew it was against the rules. And yes I think it would be fair to have a double-standard in which Keller would be punished much, much more harshly if he used the N word at Tim's expense (or at all)

He said a word that nobody should use. He got suspended a game- and rightly so. 

Yes, if Keller said it, the suspension would be longer. 

I mean, use some common sense.

Edited by flavum
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Regardless what you think about the use of the word, It shouldn't be up to the MLB to dictate whether or not it is okay for Tim to use the word. Not if they're going to allow other forms of swearing. 

Yes and the fact that the MLB claimed he used a racially charged word - when hes black and directed it at a white guy - is disingenuous and hilariously absurd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jake said:

MLB looks so stupid here. They take this thing that caused days of unproductive debate and now tack on this, which will move the debate into much more controversial territory

And you wonder why there's not a lot of African Americans in pro baseball. This kind of just adds to it. 

Like I've said all along, I'm happy for MLB to decide they want to stop all players from saying it. But springing this policy on a black player who had just been antagonized with no known prior history of problematic language usage just makes no sense. If they just fined him nobody would care. Bear in mind he was already ejected from a tight game for using the word.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yikes, as mentioned heard this countless times from black guys on the courts in brooklyn, no white guy or mexican or chinese guy (Sunset Park courts, very diverse) ever did much of anything except laugh or play on.  It has zero affect because you know we aren't black.

MLB is laughably out of touch with 2019.

Ever watch shows like Last Chance U?  Literally every other word is this on the field.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Ever watch shows like Last Chance U?  Literally every other word is this on the field.

I don't mind it, it's part of their culture in a way I'll never understand because I wasn't born black.  If they want to reclaim the word it literally doesn't affect me one iota.  MLB is so out of touch it's incredible, they are actively pushing AAs away from their game.

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Like I've said all along, I'm happy for MLB to decide they want to stop all players from saying it. But springing this policy on a black player who had just been antagonized with no known prior history of problematic language usage just makes no sense. If they just fined him nobody would care. Bear in mind he was already ejected from a tight game for using the word.

Well, that's because MLB is ungodly terrible at PR, like unfathomably obtuse when it comes to their image and standing in modern American culture. They almost have to be actively fighting growth at this point.

• Like 1