Stroman: I stand with Tim Anderson

Buehrle>Wood

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Let me put some context in this: As an autistic person I have zero problem joking about myself by calling a poor decision I made due to autistic thinking processes "retarded" but if a neurotypical called me that I'd find it highly offensive.  The same applies here. It is about taking back a word used to demean and degrade a marginalized group. I have no problem with people of African descent using the N word and I have no problem with disabled people using the word "retarded" nor do I have a problem with gay people using the F or D word. It is empowering to take the words used for hate back and make them your own. If you weren't fucked with verbally as a kid for being different in a way that was outside your control, you wouldn't understand. 

^^^^^^

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

In this case I believe he is correct.

But you can. and should, suspend someone for words. Marge Schott, Al Campanis, John Rocker are all great examples from Baseball of suspending someone for words. 

Just now, Texsox said:

But you can. and should, suspend someone for words. Marge Schott, Al Campanis, John Rocker are all great examples from Baseball of suspending someone for words. 

Yeah he didn’t choose his words very carefully there

57 minutes ago, Texsox said:

You’re ignoring all context and confusing “words” for “hatred”.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Harper2Sox said:

It’s funny how race-related this is.  Both Stroman and LaTroy Hawkins are defending Tim Anderson.  Hmmm...

Yeah all those blacks sticking up for one another. It’s crazy. Smh

12 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re ignoring all context and confusing “words” for “hatred”.

What I was directly responding to was the statement that you can't suspend someone for language (words). He didn't specifically say Tim and my response was not specific to Tim's situation. Which once again I will say Tim should not have been suspended. 

You can and should suspend some people for language. Until we are able to definitely conclude someone's thoughts and intents all we can only respond to the words they are using. Objective not subjective is the clearest standard. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

So anyone can say anything to each other?  It’s all fair game to Stroman?  I don’t think so.

I have no idea what in the fuck you are talking about, but it’s very clear you don’t have a great grasp on the situation.  Also, change that handle for the love of god.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I have no idea what in the fuck you are talking about, but it’s very clear you don’t have a great grasp on the situation.  Also, change that handle for the love of god.

The only thing that’s clear is that Stroman is an idiot.  Can’t be suspended for language?  Okay, everyone go tell your boss to kiss your ass.  See how that goes.

Also, my handle is great because it’s a constant reminder of our GM’s failures.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

The only thing that’s clear is that Stroman is an idiot.  Can’t be suspended for language?  Okay, everyone go tell your boss to kiss your ass.  See how that goes.

Also, my handle is great because it’s a constant reminder of our GM’s failures.

Baseball isn’t a normal profession and he didn’t tell his boss anything.  He simply called some asshole who hit him with a 90+ MPH over a bat flip that they were a little b****.  Unfortunately he used a word that some white people don’t understand and got suspended as a result.  There was nothing racist about what Tim said and his comments were relatively tame to what umps hear on a daily basis.  Without a zero tolerance standard in place on the word, him getting suspended is a complete crock of shit.  Of course Stroman is going to stand for him and I applaud him for putting their past beefs aside in doing you.  Your little “bias” accusation here is quite frankly straight up ignorant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1