Stroman: I stand with Tim Anderson

Buehrle>Wood

Just now, Quin said:

Man, don't even make me bring up your avatar.

Go ahead.  It’s Jerry hoarding cash.  Hahn and Kenny have pretty much stated that all top free agents are out of their price range.  Also, see the Forbes article regarding the Sox and their earnings.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Go ahead.  It’s Jerry hoarding cash.  Hahn and Kenny have pretty much stated that all top free agents are out of their price range.  Also, see the Forbes article regarding the Sox and their earnings.

Out of context, it's a member of my uncle's Jewish fraternity hoarding cash.

Using the Harper2Sox deduction method, you have no filter and should own up to it like Tim Anderson.

Just now, Quin said:

Out of context, it's a member of my uncle's Jewish fraternity hoarding cash.

Using the Harper2Sox deduction method, you have no filter and should own up to it like Tim Anderson.

If you want to interpret it that way, it’s your problem not mine.

• Like 1

I hope the decision was he needed an off day so get it over with and don't wait until it would be really inconvenient.  I really wish he appealed. Suspension, even one game, doesn't find the situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

It's pretty clear some white people are really threatened when they can't dictate the way black people speak. 

I think you are missing the point. Tell me where you disagree

I do not believe that Tim deserved a suspension. 

I do not believe Tim was using the word in a racially insulting way. 

I believe that there is no place for the n***er word anywhere.

I believe that the n***a word is perfectly fine when spoken by certain groups. It is fine in the clubhouse. It is fine in the dugout, it is fine in clubs. 

I believe those same groups who use the term are rightfully insulted when other groups use the word. 

I believe that baseball, to avoid insulting portions of their fan base and society at large, should punish any player who uses the er version and any player whose use of the n***a word would be interpreted as offensive on the field. (note this leaves out Tim)

I believe that setting up a situation that umpires would be tasked with making certain they heard an er or an a, identifying the race of the player involved, deciding if that person should be allowed to use the term, and then making the call is not going to work.

Therefor to have a policy that punishes racist players for using the n***a or n***er word there must be zero tolerance. What a PR nightmare if an umpire fails to correctly identify the race of a player.  

I'm trying to understand why you think I am threatened by not being able to dictate what is  being said. Unless you believe that everyone should be able to use any version of the word. Actually I am trying to stop white people from using the word.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I think you are missing the point. Tell me where you disagree

I do not believe that Tim deserved a suspension. 

I do not believe Tim was using the word in a racially insulting way. 

I believe that there is no place for the n***er word anywhere.

I believe that the n***a word is perfectly fine when spoken by certain groups. It is fine in the clubhouse. It is fine in the dugout, it is fine in clubs. 

I believe those same groups who use the term are rightfully insulted when other groups use the word. 

I believe that baseball, to avoid insulting portions of their fan base and society at large, should punish any player who uses the er version and any player whose use of the n***a word would be interpreted as offensive on the field. (note this leaves out Tim)

I believe that setting up a situation that umpires would be tasked with making certain they heard an er or an a, identifying the race of the player involved, deciding if that person should be allowed to use the term, and then making the call is not going to work.

Therefor to have a policy that punishes racist players for using the n***a or n***er word there must be zero tolerance. What a PR nightmare if an umpire fails to correctly identify the race of a player.  

I'm trying to understand why you think I am threatened by not being able to dictate what is  being said. Unless you believe that everyone should be able to use any version of the word. 

You missed a key word in my very short post - "some". 

• Like 1

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

You missed a key word in my very short post - "some". 

Sorry, but it seems like I'm the only one taking a position against Tim using the word in this situation.

Again, sorry for assuming you meant me. ✌️

• Like 1

It’s hilarious to me how many posters just don’t get it. Good job MLB, you punished the only African American on the Sox for calling a white guy a n*gga. MLB is so out of touch it’s ridiculous. This would be ok if MLB wasn’t already known to be culturally insensitive. Adam Jones said it best, this is a white man’s sport. African American players coming to Tim’s defense are not race baiting, they are calling out an out of touch league for what it is. Telling an ump to F off is cool as long as your white. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1