And that's a White Sox winner!

chitownsportsfan

Love Eloy but after the trade deadline he needs to pick up a first basemens glove. The bat will play anywhere and if everything works out we're looking at a right handed Carlos Delgado with a tick more average. 

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Seems Cordell contributes in every game he plays in.  Very well rounded with bat, glove & speed.  Not elite but very good.  Like him a lot.

Could possibly be a 2 WAR OF which is more than you can grant Palka.  Cordell can play CF a bit right?  That in itself makes him viable even if he doesn't hit much more than 260/300/400.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Cordell in center and Garcia gives us the best lineup but Eloy & Garcia in the same outfield without Engle is scary.

Engel just isn't viable at the plate.  He should strictly be a defensive replacement at this point.  I'd stick with Eloy, Leury, Cordell for now.  Leury isn't bad on plays behind him and hopefully with some more game reps he'll get better on plays in front of him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Seems Cordell contributes in every game he plays in.  Very well rounded with bat, glove & speed.  Not elite but very good.  Like him a lot.

Maybe the sox can catch some late bloomer magic and he becomes our version of Joey Wendle.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Rodon has been a stud so far this year. He’s going to bring back a haul in July at this rate @Balta1701

I'd sell high personally.  But such a tough call.  Anybody that claims to be clairvoyant on that one is full of shit.  And that's 5 years from now as well.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Yea, I was thinking Kyle Tucker and Yordan Alvarez. Astros can take Herrera too if they’d like.

Oof thats right in the zone of yeah i might bite. between Alvarez and Collins you'll def have 1B/DH on lock.

With Rodon’s injury issues, lack of consistency, limited years of control, and agent, it makes all the sense in the world to sell high on him at the deadline if he is performing well.  Hopefully, Hahn makes the right decision and acquires a Tatis Jr. type prospect for him.

Just now, turnin' two said:

That baseball was murdered.  Holy moly.  

By the way, it is early, and a small sample size for certain, but Ryan Cordell has looked like a major league player.  

Yes, I hope he keeps it up.  Cordell could keep Jon Jay to just being an awful $4 million dollar donation by our stupid GM.