4/20 White Sox @ Tigers | 12:10 PM CT | Santana v Norris

Jose Abreu

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

God I hate having to watch Santana pitch.  Really wish they just gave the job to Banuelos so we can see what we have in him.  He couldn’t be any worse than a 89-90 MPH throwing Ervin Santana.

I think Banuelos is going to take Giolito turn this time through the rotation. If Santana stinks again and Banuelos does well, you may see the switch.

9 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I think Banuelos is going to take Giolito turn this time through the rotation. If Santana stinks again and Banuelos does well, you may see the switch.

Good point.  And hopefully you’re right about the switch if Santana doesn’t show something in the next start or two.

• bmags pinned this topic

This lineup actually makes a lot of sense. Only concern really is Abreu in the 3 hole woth his recent struggles, bit he did drive in a couple yesterday with a double so maybe he'll start coming out of it.

That being said, radar looks gross. Might not get this in until this evening. Tomorrow for Detroit looks beautiful though, sunny and 70s

Edited by Scoots

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Banuelos is starting Monday...so it really doesn’t. 

Cool. i didn't see that. i like the decision. I figured they would skip one with the day off.

Edited by ptatc

St. Theo was probably more apprehensive about giving up Cease than Eloy - given his clear defensive liabilities. 

If NL ever adopts full-time DH, the Cubs have Baby Ruth to fill that position.

Eloy was expendable. 

Q could have been a difference maker.

Offense is not a weakness with them.

That said, the next Chicago WS will be on the South Side. 

Edited by GradMc