4/21 White Sox @ Tigers | 12:10 PM CT | Lopez v Norris

Jose Abreu

I think Eloy's defense has more potential than what we've gotten from him so far. The Statcast data suggests his speed isn't (yet) a major limiting factor and he looks fairly comfortable tracking the ball much of the time. I think he needs some more motor and some more experience around the wall, playing the ricochet, things like that.

1 minute ago, Jake said:

I think Eloy's defense has more potential than what we've gotten from him so far. The Statcast data suggests his speed isn't (yet) a major limiting factor and he looks fairly comfortable tracking the ball much of the time. I think he needs some more motor and some more experience around the wall, playing the ricochet, things like that.

maybe, hopefully.  I've always believed you can't teach a major leaguer how to track a fly ball.  if you haven't figured it out by the bigs you're just not a natural OF.  that said, he can certainly improve once he learns the nuances of the AL central parks.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Woohoo the other team fucking up defense!

They did, but Tim also did exactly what they should all do in that situation. I hate seeing runners drag it out by playing that into a pickle. That's doomed.

• Kyyle23 pinned this topic
  • Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic