4/21 White Sox @ Tigers | 12:10 PM CT | Lopez v Norris

Jose Abreu

Just now, whitesoxbrad said:

Are you  kidding me, he is horrible there is no way he is an outfielder.

Something he really needs to improve on in his throwing home. He lollipops it all the way with little accuracy. Rather he miss low to allow for the ball to be cutoff

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Something he really needs to improve on in his throwing home. He lollipops it all the way with little accuracy. Rather he miss low to allow for the ball to be cutoff

Doesn't seem to use his body well at all when throwing

Just now, Jake said:

After you see how he nearly died on the ground rule double in the corner you can kind of see why it seems like Eloy isn't comfortable going all out for fly balls

So because he is clumsy out there it’s an excuse to not try?

Just now, fathom said:

So because he is clumsy out there it’s an excuse to not try?

I'm not saying that I can just see how his brain may be telling him to start hitting the brakes early so he doesn't go down like a ton of bricks like he's probably done so many times before

Just now, fathom said:

.230 expected hit pct

I wish they gave catch probability because the expected BA doesn't actually compute to 1 minus catch probability. The actual catch probability could be more or less than what is implied by .230 expected BA. The expected BA doesn't factor in where fielders are positioned or the left/right direction of the batted ball

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake said:

I wish they gave catch probability because the expected BA doesn't actually compute to 1 minus catch probability. The actual catch probability could be more or less than what is implied by .230 expected BA. The expected BA doesn't factor in where fielders are positioned or the left/right direction of the batted ball

yea that stat is useless for Eloy's rating on that play.  I'm not defending him at all, he's a butcher, but I just don't think many get to that ball in comerica, it's a huge OF.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

yea that stat is useless for Eloy's rating on that play.  I'm not defending him at all, he's a butcher, but I just don't think many get to that ball in comerica, it's a huge OF.

I think the best evidence against Eloy is that he got fairly close to it and people are assuming other guys would have been there a few steps sooner. Of course that requires us to be correct that he had a bad route and/or slow speed getting there which is hard to know from watching it on TV

• Kyyle23 pinned this topic
  • Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic