4/21 White Sox @ Tigers | 12:10 PM CT | Lopez v Norris

Jose Abreu

Since I don’t watch MiLB (just read box scores and scouting reports), I’m befuddled as to what’s so special about Eloy. We all know his defense is garbage and his swing, especially on breaking stuff, looks atrocious. Much improvement needed.

55 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Not too far off. Add an earned run and subtract the 2 walks. 

Yeah, I was pretty close there, although I wouldn’t call it a big start.  Promising in a lot of ways (good velocity, lots of strikes, no walks), but he could have easy dominated today with sharper secondary stuff and a little better command.  Regardless, it was a much needed step in the right direction.

Just now, The Sir said:

Since I don’t watch MiLB (just read box scores and scouting reports), I’m befuddled as to what’s so special about Eloy. We all know his defense is garbage and his swing, especially on breaking stuff, looks atrocious. Much improvement needed.

He made a lot more contact in the minors.  He also hit the ball hard all over the place.  Right now, even his contact is relatively weak.  He'll get better, he has to make adjustments.  Defensively though....he's a DH

Just now, fathom said:

Peter Alonso is mashing the hell out of the ball

Tatis, Meadows, Lowe

Gleybar, Acuna, Soto last year. 

Moncada and Eloy rated as high if not higher than all those guys and yet we have to wait and see. 

I guess if Eloy becomes Moncada his Sophmore year then all is fine.  But would be nice to not have to wait and hold our breathes for anyone of these guys.  Maybe Cease and Robert will be those guys.  

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm incredibly annoyed that they're still struggling with the fucking Royals and Tigers. They have twice as much talent than both of them combined and they still lose series to those schmucks 

They do?  That’s your fault for overrating the Sox talent level.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

They do?  That’s your fault for overrating the Sox talent level.

No, they do. They're underperforming. Am I stupid to think they should be right there with the Twins and Indians? Based on what I've seen this year out of the young pitchers and hitters they should not be losing series to the Royals and Tigers. 

Disappointed in Eloy and Abreu so far but outside of that there are a lot of positives here. 

Lopez/Giolito look worse than they've actually pitched because they had one bad start and it is April so that skews the stats. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, they do. They're underperforming. Am I stupid to think they should be right there with the Twins and Indians? Based on what I've seen this year out of the young pitchers and hitters they should not be losing series to the Royals and Tigers. 

Lopez/Giolito look worse than they've actually pitched because they had one bad start and it is April so that skews the stats. 

Yes they are far from those teams in terms of talent. They’re still starting 3-4 crappy players every game.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yes they are far from those teams in terms of talent. They’re still starting 3-4 crappy players every game.

Who's crappy outside of Sanchez, Cordell and Santana? Engel is a 4th OF. Meh. Cordell might not actually be crappy. 

The bullpen also looks worse than it is at the back end because of a bad outing from Fry and Jones. Both still have nasty stuff. 

Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, idk. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Who's crappy outside of Sanchez, Cordell and Santana? Engel is a 4th OF. Meh. Cordell might not actually be crappy. 

Alonso, the catchers, Nate Jones, Abreu if he's actually washed up.

They're already the 2nd worst team in fWAR defensively, and that's a big reason they've lost some of their recent games.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Alonso, the catchers, Nate Jones, Abreu if he's actually washed up.

They're already the 2nd worst team in fWAR defensively, and that's a big reason they've lost some of their recent games.

Yeah the defense sucks. I don't necessarily think Alonso has been bad he has 12 walks and is on an unlucky BABIP streak. Yeah the catchers are bad and I disagree about Jones. Abreu has been shitty. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic