4/21 White Sox @ Tigers | 12:10 PM CT | Lopez v Norris

Jose Abreu

2 hours ago, Lillian said:

At this early stage of his career, Eloy is not a Major League outfielder. I'm not saying that he won't become one, but he looks destined for first base, or DH.

Do the White Sox have an Outfield Coach in their farm system?  If so, he (they) apparently never spent any time working with Jimenez. 

They guy has ZERO instinct in the outfield.  I know the kid is slow and clumsy, but some things can be taught---such as throwing the ball in and hitting the cutoff man.

17 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

By definition, a Quality Start.  As lousy as the pitching has been (both starters and RP), the Sox are in the middle of the pack in the AL in QS.

Sox pitching has been fine. The stats are skewed by the combination of a bad week for the staff and small sample size. The defense has been atrocious. 

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Fell asleep watching the game, doesn't seem like I missed much.  Mercy, Castillo, Jose and Yonder 1-11 from the box with plenty of runners left on.  Puke.  Guess Lopez finished out alright.  Hahn sure can find horse shit vets.

I was gonna say after looking at the box score it's a shame we have 3-5 good hitters and everybody else blows. This tank stuff really takes the heat off general managers. Let's face it, anybody can be in charge of a draft. The lists are out and everybody knows who the top 30 players are. Fathom could make as good a pick as Hahn and KW every year. Ditto the finding of foreign players. Not.That.Difficult with the lists available. The list of draftees is not secret. That leaves putting together a watchable team and like I said we have some pathetic players to go with some good ones. I hope Cordell is actually good; i haven't seen enuf games to develop a strong eye test opinion (thanks Sox, for making a true diehard lifelong fan like me finally lose interest in your team) but I like the box scores and highlight reels I've seen of Cordell, not Claudell (like Washington), but Cordell.

Edited by greg775

2 hours ago, bubba phillips said:

Do the White Sox have an Outfield Coach in their farm system?  If so, he (they) apparently never spent any time working with Jimenez. 

They guy has ZERO instinct in the outfield.  I know the kid is slow and clumsy, but some things can be taught---such as throwing the ball in and hitting the cutoff man.

Fundamentals are a dirty word to the White Sox it seems and has been for years.

16 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

No tanking, never tanking. That's not White Sox baseball. Plus, this division is up for grabs. 

Where have you been for the past few years? That has been exactly the plan.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

It's April 21st. Eloy's rookie year is not over last I checked

Also he didn't put the time in AAA to ready himself for the majors.  It was great to see him sign this spring but it set him back as far as his development.  Hopefully by June he will find his hitting groove

Seeing Yoan and TA perform this season makes me glad they were brought up  before some said they were ready.  Baptism by fire can work for talented players. So Luis Robert isn't ready.  Get him up here by June.  And let Eloy learn on the job as well. He can't learn how to hit filthy sliders like Greene had today unless he sees them.

2 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

They will be drafting in the top 5 in 2020. 

Disagree. I think they'll  be outside of the top 10. They're really close to going on a run, and for all of the right reasons. The only way they finish in the top 10 in the draft is if they trade Rodon, Colome and Herrera or if all of the position player vets (Abreu, Alonso, Castillo) continue to hit for shit. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic