Sign in to follow this  
bighurt4life

4.21 Games

8 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Hey. Another Gavin Sheets homer.

Gavin Sheets putting the ball in the air becomes so, so much more interesting as a prospect.

• Love 1

I thought I remember him saying that when he hits them he hits em in bunches.  It's a great sign too that he's hitting them at home in B'ham too. 

11 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Hey. Another Gavin Sheets homer.

But I keep getting told he has and will have no power and he is a non-prospect...so this can’t be right 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

But I keep getting told he has and will have no power and he is a non-prospect...so this can’t be right 

We all hope he develops the power part of his game, without it he is pretty much a non-prospect at 1B. FYI this is his 12th HR in the Sox minor league system in 695 ABs. 

I can see why Cease and others picked Lambert as a dark horse prospect. Kid has some nasty spin on his pitches. 

This reads like it was written by someone who couldn’t remember Lambert’s name

• Haha 1

Blake Rutherford has a BABIP of .125. Obviously I don't know about the quality of his contact but I have to assume he's about to experience some serious positive regression 

Has anybody seen Lambert pitch? I'm curious to see if he can change velocity and tempo with that curve. It looks like an interesting pitch. There's a lot of load for what looks like a very slow curve with some nice bite. My concern would be that there's more deception than movement that major league hitters would pick up on and start laying off or raking it. 

2 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I thought I remember him saying that when he hits them he hits em in bunches.  It's a great sign too that he's hitting them at home in B'ham too. 

Gavin is about 230 pounds of muscle. If he figures out how to elevate, stand back and watch.

52 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Blake Rutherford has a BABIP of .125. Obviously I don't know about the quality of his contact but I have to assume he's about to experience some serious positive regression 

with a K rate well over 30% I think he's just completely overwhelmed in AA at the moment.   we'll see if he can turn it around but right now if you didn't know his pedigree I'd say he's almost a non prospect.  just my relatively uniformed opinion.

3 hours ago, Quin said:

Gavin Sheets putting the ball in the air becomes so, so much more interesting as a prospect.

Hopefully there's something to this. His batted ball profile hasn't significantly changed (pull % is unchanged, GB's up 7%, FB's up 4%, LD's down significantly) but he's a hitter whose statcast info would be interesting to see.

38 minutes ago, zisk said:

Gavin is about 230 pounds of muscle. If he figures out how to elevate, stand back and watch.

All reports say he has tremendous raw power. 

Elevating has been his only glaring flaw.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

with a K rate well over 30% I think he's just completely overwhelmed in AA at the moment.   we'll see if he can turn it around but right now if you didn't know his pedigree I'd say he's almost a non prospect.  just my relatively uniformed opinion.

Could very well be the case. Just pointing out that .125 is comically low, even for this sample size, unless he's hitting weak choppers every AB 

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Could very well be the case. Just pointing out that .125 is comically low, even for this sample size, unless he's hitting weak choppers every AB 

Hitting a ton of grounders again. Just judging from the play-by-play on milb.com, I’ve noticed a ton of ground outs to first base.

Edited by fathom

10 hours ago, turnin' two said:

Booker has done nothing but produce, and obviously small sample size, but he is hitting about .390 in AA right now.  He deserves a little recognition.

Maybe Booker gets bumped up to Charlotte once Basabe is back at B-Ham? 

12 hours ago, fathom said:

Hitting a ton of grounders again. Just judging from the play-by-play on milb.com, I’ve noticed a ton of ground outs to first base.

Not sure if he has tweaked his swing. His LD% is down to 8.6% which is comically bad, and GB% is up to 68.6%. These numbers are huge deviation from his results last year and I hope they catch on the issue and correct it ASAP.