Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/22 6:05 CDT (Banuelos vs. Hess)

Greg Hibbard

So Hahn picked up Banuelos for nothing and he looks decent throwing 92-93 but he traded for Shields and gave $4.3 million to Santana, both who struggled to hit 91.

This is one of the main reasons why Hahn is a bad GM.  Any value deal he makes like Banuelos is trumped by more acquisitions of washed-up bums.  Hahn won’t spend the big bucks on a proven player, likely due to ownership limitations, but he sure as hell will throw around single digit millions for a pile of garbage.  It all adds up.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

So Hahn picked up Banuelos for nothing and he looks decent throwing 92-93 but he traded for Shields and gave $4.3 million to Santana, both who struggled to hit 91.

One of the main reasons why Hahn is a bad GM.  Any value deal he makes like Banuelos is trumped by more acquisitions of washed-up bums.

We get it, you hate Hahn 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

One of the main reasons why Hahn is a bad GM.  Any value deal he makes like Banuelos is trumped by more acquisitions of washed-up bums.

If Banuelos is a mid rotation starter, he could pay two Santanas and still come out ahead.

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

Still looks better than Santana

So what terrible scouts are in Hahn’s ear telling him guys like Shields and Santana are worth signing?  Both guys are throwing barely harder than Buehrle.  I assume it isn’t just Kenny and Hahn watching a workout.  Fire these scouts ASAP.

Edited by Harper2Sox

Just now, Scoots said:

Haha dude got knocked tf out by Moncada om that tag. Great throw by McCann

Reminds me of the days when I would play MLB slug fest with my friends. Anytime someone got on base, you just got into a fist fight with them until they stepped off the bag, then tagged them lol

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic