Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/22 6:05 CDT (Banuelos vs. Hess)

Greg Hibbard

7 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Bañuelos > Santana 

Santana is shades of the Mat Latos signing for $3 million.  Santana for $4.3 million will likely be even worse because Latos at least had a handful of good starts before completely going in the tank.

Edited by Harper2Sox

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

Santana is shades of the Mat Latos signing for $3 million.  Santana for $4.3 million will likely be even worse because Latos at least had a handful of good starts before completely going in the tank.

Mat Latos also has a cat named Cat Latos. That's probably worth at least another million in surplus value.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Santana is shades of the Mat Latos signing.  Santana will likely be worse because Latos at least had a handful of good starts before completely going in the tank.

If you want to criticize how many times the Sox have gone to the dumpster VS signing a good FA fine.

But the whole point of dumpster diving is finding a gem in the trash. So yeah, duh, most of them suck. A few of them really worked out. I think Hahn's success rate on the shitty signings/rule 5/ etc is actually pretty decent.

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

If you want to criticize how many times the Sox have gone to the dumpster VS signing a good FA fine.

But the whole point of dumpster diving is finding a gem in the trash. So yeah, duh, most of them suck. A few of them really worked out. I think Hahn's success rate on the shitty signings/rule 5/ etc is actually pretty decent.

Speaking of dumpster diving...McCann has been so much better than I expected. 856 OPS now after that bomb.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic