Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/22 6:05 CDT (Banuelos vs. Hess)

Greg Hibbard

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

Will Palka ever get another chance?  I think he may get a shot at DH next year to replace Alonso if he tears it up in the minors this year.  But he could go the way of Josh Fields.

Between injuries and a trade-deadline sell-off, I think it is better than 50/50 we see Palka again this year, unless he really sucks at AAA

33 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Before people get too excited about Banuelos: This O‘s lineup would struggle winning games in AAA.

A middle reliever on a contender is where I would envision Banuelos.

But mind you I said contender.

8 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I wish they would've let Bañuelos go 1 more inning so he'd be eligible for the win. Good performance for him either way though.

Don't understand why he wasn't allowed the opportunity to go 1 more inning with a 4 run lead.

I forgot who the manager is. 

I don't understand, Ed Farmer praised Cordell on his Fielding and terrific mechanics before Cordell got sent down. But watching Cordell, he looks like he can get to the ball and way better than Palka, but he only uses one hand to catch the ball, like he is hotdogging it.  Why don't outfielders catch the ball with two hands anymore?

Edited by Chisox378

2 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

I don't understand, Ed Farmer praised Cordell on his Fielding and terrific mechanics before Cordell got sent down. But watching Cordell, he looks like he can get to the ball and way better than Palka, but he only uses one hand to catch the ball, like he is hotdogging it.  Why don't outfielders catch the ball with two hands anymore?

How's your OOTP team doing?

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

How's your OOTP team doing?

I have been playing my one dynasty team at What If Sports, but still have my OOTP fictional league going but haven't played in a while. You?

I'm more locked in to the real thing lately, Chicago White Sox baseball!

Edited by Chisox378

3 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Catching with 2 hands is a throwback to the days when gloves were not the huge baskets they are today. If you are near 60 years old then your father was taught by his father who watched in the days when the gloves made you catch with two hands. Your father passed it on to you, The only time you really should get both hands together is when you attempt to throw a runner out and catch it while moving in . With the throwing hand close to the glove as to make the transfer quicker from glove to throwing hand.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Catching with 2 hands is a throwback to the days when gloves were not the huge baskets they are today. If you are near 60 years old then your father was taught by his father who watched in the days when the gloves made you catch with two hands. Your father passed it on to you, The only time you really should get both hands together is when you attempt to throw a runner out and catch it while moving in . With the throwing hand close to the glove as to make the transfer quicker from glove to throwing hand.

What if the ball pops out!

Hey Abreu HR!

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

Hey Abreu HR!

Two hands is great for getting the ball into the throwing hand quickly.   Outside of that most of the outfielders in the majors don't need two hands to secure a catch. 

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

Hey Abreu HR!

That was in the old days as I just explained to u . Go look at the 1920's glove and u will understand why using 2 hands was a thing. We are afterall only 2 generations removed from those days  ( our grandfathers) the ball really never pops out anymore unless u are diving or hitting a wall and you can't use 2 hands while diving very much.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

as I posted the other day, catching the ball with two hands is stupid.  half the time all you do is blind yourself unnecessarily right at the last minute.  As long as you're catching the ball off your shoulder ready to throw there is no reason to put your off hand on the glove.   

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic