Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/22 6:05 CDT (Banuelos vs. Hess)

Greg Hibbard

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

Okie dokie, I'd still catch it with two hands, your right, just like I was taught.

Hey, that's a gift run from the Birds!

it's taught in order to form the habit of catching the ball in front of you and ready to throw, that's it.  it's a good fundamental that is completely useless at the MLB level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Man it would suck to be an Orioles fan right now. They are BAD and little hope for turning it around any time soon.

Remember after like the 2nd day of the season, there were people who literally thought the orioles were better than us? :lol:

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Remember after like the 2nd day of the season, there were people who literally thought the orioles were better than us? :lol:

Yes and that was a ridiculous overreaction. That’s a really bad club. Probably 110 losses this season. Hard to imagine any scenario that doesn’t result in the Marlins, Orioles, and Royals as the top 3 picks in the 2020 draft.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

If he keeps playing well, is it a stretch to actually say James McCann is one of Rick Hahn"s better free agent  signings?  Sad I know but true?

don't worry, he won't.  look at his baseball card.  if he somehow finishes with an OPS above 700 I'd be shocked.  that said, I appreciate his production so far.

Just now, wegner said:

If he keeps playing well, is it a stretch to actually say James McCann is one of Rick Hahn"s better free agent  signings?  Sad I know but true?

My “out there” prediction was that McCann would outperform Castillo.  Doesn’t seem so out there now.

3 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Orioles would be foolish to draft Adley or Vaughn. They are very far away from being competitive

Same with the Royals. They're both so far away that it wouldn't shock me if Witt and Abrams went 1st and 2nd. 

On another note,  is anyone else starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel? I know they are at the super weak spot of their schedule, but I think they are about to turn a corner 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, wegner said:

He has been a very nice pickup.  I actually prefer him catching to Castillo.

1 hour ago, Harper2Sox said:

Will Palka ever get another chance?  I think he may get a shot at DH next year to replace Alonso if he tears it up in the minors this year.  But he could go the way of Josh Fields.

Cordell making us wonder why he wasn't in the opening day lineup.

19 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Yes and that was a ridiculous overreaction. That’s a really bad club. Probably 110 losses this season. Hard to imagine any scenario that doesn’t result in the Marlins, Orioles, and Royals as the top 3 picks in the 2020 draft.

That was a joke thread. It was all a joke. It was an FU Uncle Jerry thread. 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic