Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/23 6:05 CDT (Nova vs. Cashner)

Greg Hibbard

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

How long do the Sox keep sending Nova out there?...he makes me long for the days of Derek Holland

Derek Holland, once he got away from this team, pitched 171 innings last year with  over 8 Ks per game.

Talent evaluator Rick Hahn decided to trade a prospect for Nova and his 6.4 Ks per 9 and pay him over 9 Million per year.  Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Crazy that they allowed a guy to give up 9 runs in 4 innings without even getting anyone up.  How the hell can you keep this staff when the Sox want to be competitive?  They don’t compete.  Perfect manager/pitching coach to hunt for draft picks.  They really gave up 5 runs in exchange for 3 outs.  Pathetic.

5 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Derek Holland, once he got away from this team, pitched 171 innings last year with  over 8 Ks per game.

Talent evaluator Rick Hahn decided to trade a prospect for Nova and his 6.4 Ks per 9 and pay him over 9 Million per year.  Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Pirates fans were ecstatic to get rid of him

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I'm still on record in saying I'd much rather the Sox just give Carson Fulmer these innings over Nova and Santana. 

Why not give them to Jordan Stephens...he is on the 40 man roster, let's see what he can do against MLB talent and if he stinks, move on or move him back to AAA.  Nova can't even give innings to spare the bullpen.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I don’t know why anyone would go to bat not fully armored up, but against Fulmer, it’s a must. You let him throw 125 innings he probably sets a record.

Just set up down the middle and let him throw and pray. Setting up high and in is just a recipe for hbp 

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don’t know why anyone would go to bat not fully armored up, but against Fulmer, it’s a must. You let him throw 125 innings he probably sets a record.

It would be a much more entertaining watch honestly. Like our modern day Rick Vaughn.

9 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Everyone realizes that somehow, Nova is going to go to either San Diego or Oakland next year on a minor league deal with a ST invite, make their rotation out of spring training, and throw the best season of his career, like 160+ innings with an ERA around 4 or maybe a bit under, right? 

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Nicky Delmonico also makes me hopeful for Eloy in a way. Nicky was a disaster in the OF, but became a passable defender. 

Eloy in the OF reminds me of wacky inflatable arm flailing tube man.

Edited by Blackout Friday
Forgot quote
  • Haha 1