04.23.19 Games

KnightsOnMintSt

Seems wrong to care at all after 2 weeks.  I get we are all starving Sox fans but there are only 3 possible outcomes after 2 weeks:

A good start

An average start

A bad start

They all have one thing in common- they are starts.   

Even extremes at either end are suspect (Robert & Rutherford)

42 minutes ago, fathom said:

By no means am I giving up on Madrigal. I just believe he’s going to have to make some changes to his swing in order to be a more effective hitter the higher up the ranks he goes. From people who have seen him this year, he hasn’t made an adjustment yet.  

It's impossible to say for sure, but I think he will benefit significantly from the juiced ball. Guys with fringey power seem to benefit from it the most.

15 hours ago, reiks12 said:

im not so worried about Madrigal, im more worried about how this inept organization is going to develop him

He has an iso of like .65 in WS.  At this early point, it's not that the Sox can't haven't developed him, it's that all the fears about his lack of power were correct.  Still incredibly early to write him off but right now he's looking like a utility guy and another shitty high 1st rounder.

6 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He has an iso of like .65 in WS.  At this early point, it's not that the Sox can't haven't developed him, it's that all the fears about his lack of power were correct.  Still incredibly early to write him off but right now he's looking like a utility guy and another shitty high 1st rounder.

What year do they bring him up?  Maybe 2021.