Does Charlie Tilson deserve a shot?

Chisox378

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Part of being a fan is drinking the Kool-Aid.

Yep. Kool-Aid is just hope in a hand basket. Positive or negative comps are just different takes. Of course the negative guy is the more knowledgeable and the hopeful positive comps aren't being realistic .

I remember at one point I said I just hope Moncada is as good as Whit Merrifield . I'm still hopeful he can be even better but we are far from a conclusion. Merrifield has made a nice name for himself . Nothing spectacular but a solid all around good player for 3+ seasons. He didn't even get a sniff of the big leagues until he was 27.

31 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Hey Tilson is off to a good start!

Soxtalk "Madrigal sucks."

"Nah, he comps to this HOF guy"

"Don't give me that nonsense, baseball doesn't work like that anymore Madrigal sucks."

Poor Tilson.  Even overlooked in the Tilson thread.

for good reason.

5 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He's 100% unexciting. He's much more exciting than Adam Engel however. Tilson is hitting .371/.437/.516 with a wRC+ of 152 at Charlotte. He's likely a nothing but it's better than watching Engel produce (.152/.200/.303 batting lines) regularly. 

Meh. I'll take Engel's D over Tilson. At least Engel is good at something.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, poppysox said:

Tilson is a younger and cheaper Jon Jay.

Exactly. It offends me that Jay figures to get at bats and Tilson won't this year. Why not give the Jay at bats to Tilson? Just DFA Jay and wish him well spending his $4 million. That 4 million alone sets him up for life and his kids.

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Exactly. It offends me that Jay figures to get at bats and Tilson won't this year. Why not give the Jay at bats to Tilson? Just DFA Jay and wish him well spending his $4 million. That 4 million alone sets him up for life and his kids.

Jon Jay was always a waste of $4 million but that doesn't make Tilson any better.  Have you even seen Jon Jay yet?  Hahn probably realizes he burned another $4 million.

Right now, I'm happy with seeing Cordell get a shot.  Tilson can't hit and his defense and speed were overrated to begin with.  Besides, he would likely get injured in a few games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Finding the right friend and getting paid $4 million to sit at home for a year?  Yeah, I'd call that lucky too.

I was saying career overall, you know, as the comment clearly says. Tilson won't come close to any success he has had.

Edited by soxfan2014