4/24 Games

Marky Mark

4 minutes ago, Markbilliards said:

https://www.milb.com/scores/whitesox/2019-04-24

Birmingham got their loss (9-0) out of the way early.  Nothing notable in the box there.

Gonzalez, Sheets, & Adolfo each had a walk and only one strikeout combined.  I guess I’ll take that all things considered.

5 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Madrigal 2 run DOUBLE to Left Field, got thrown out trying to stretch for 3rd base.

15 ribbies 

He’s tended to be an aggressive base runner. Win some/lose some, but hopefully he’s accumulating valuable experience. I hope he and Robert are under Vizquel’s watch by June/July.

Stephens has been bad this year.  Looked like a guy who might get up this year prior to this years poor starts.  Great start to this game 8 pitches, 2 k's.  Hopefully figured something out.

Edited by BamaDoc

20 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Stephens has been bad this year.  Looked like a guy who might get up this year prior to this years poor starts.  Great start to this game 8 pitches, 2 k's.  Hopefully figured something out.

He got a nice lead in bottom of 1st, a 7-spot for the Knights.

Edited by MnSoxFan

4 hours ago, ron883 said:

Bush triple and a walk. Been DHing a lot lately, though.

He's not exactly killing it, but he's definitely playing much better the last week or so. Maybe they can get away with letting him play through it.

15 hours ago, fathom said:

Collins K'd looking 2 more times tonight.  Happening far too often of late.  As Yoan has shown, this is something that can be improved with a better approach.

I was thinking the same thing.  Honestly I would rather take a player that takes too many pitches and teach him to be more aggressive in the zone than the other way around.  Trying to make Tim Anderson patient will probably never work.

• Like 1