Better Late Than Never Gamethread

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Give me Covey over Santana every day. With Covey‘s stuff you can see a quality mid-rotation guy if you squint hard enough. 

Santana is toast. Wouldn‘t have hurt to have him start a game or 2 in Charlotte before calling him up and paying him $4 Mil.

He’s the pitching version of Manny Ramirez.  He will be off the roster after a month or so and a total waste of 4 million dollars.  That money would have been better spent buying state-of-the-art body armor for Luis Robert.

I wonder how JR feels about our talent evaluation team?  We do make our fair share of evaluation mistakes.  In no way do I think Jay, Alonzo or McCann are big mistakes.  Hahn brought them here as veteran influence on a young team.  By the end of the year they will probably all perform to historic levels.  Nova and Santana are unwatchable.  You could bring up anybody to replace them without losing one extra game.  If I were JR...7 mil for Nova or 4 mil for Santana would have me very unhappy.

22 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I wonder how JR feels about our talent evaluation team?  We do make our fair share of evaluation mistakes.  In no way do I think Jay, Alonzo or McCann are big mistakes.  Hahn brought them here as veteran influence on a young team.  By the end of the year they will probably all perform to historic levels.  Nova and Santana are unwatchable.  You could bring up anybody to replace them without losing one extra game.  If I were JR...7 mil for Nova or 4 mil for Santana would have me very unhappy.

JR clearly has quit caring about the actual performance of his front office for the Bulls and WSox. It’s truly a shame to see how complacent he’s been with these teams.  Bulls and Sox fans deserve better.