Better Late Than Never Gamethread

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

JR clearly has quit caring about the actual performance of his front office for the Bulls and WSox. It’s truly a shame to see how complacent he’s been with these teams.  Bulls and Sox fans deserve better.

I am sure he still wants to win, but his way.  And he doesn’t seem like a go for the jugular kind of guy. He has his titles, and doesn’t seem to want to risk his profit for more.

2 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Maybe there is a problem in the clubhouse? Chemistry is so important.

They claim theses guys get along as well as any team ever. I don’t hang out with them, as long as they aren’t wife beaters or child molestors, I would rather have 25 assholes who can play.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

JR clearly has quit caring about the actual performance of his front office for the Bulls and WSox. It’s truly a shame to see how complacent he’s been with these teams.  Bulls and Sox fans deserve better.

I’d be somewhat shocked if he wasn’t pissed about this Santana signing.  Dude clearly has nothing and will probably be DFA within a month.  They could have literally placed $4M on the pitching mound at the Rate and set it afire and gotten more value than they’ll end up getting out of Ervin.  At some point those types of misses are hard to ignore.  That being said, like most Reinsdord-backed front offices, they’ll simply blame the players or coaching staff and manage to survive without any real accountability.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d be somewhat shocked if he wasn’t pissed about this Santana signing.  Dude clearly has nothing and will probably be DFA within a month.  They could have literally placed $4M on the pitching mound at the Rate and set it afire and gotten more value than they’ll end up getting out of Ervin.  At some point those types of misses are hard to ignore.  That being said, like most Reinsdord-backed front offices, they’ll simply blame the players or coaching staff and manage to survive without any real accountability.

I'm not sure what the deal is upstairs but I cannot fathom the Santana deal being "omg that's going to get Reinsdorf angry". Maybe Ricky just tells him it's all going according to plan and that's enough, maybe he's more checked out than we realize, maybe he's as greedy as people say and he's just happy with the $70 million in profits last year, whatever it is, he's been ok with them lighting money on fire way more than this. 

At least Santana has played. Jay hasn't. 

Just now, Scoots said:

Wow, actually pleasantly surprised he had the balls to take Santana out after only 73 pitches and 4 runs allowed.

...which means Herrera and Colome will get used tonight, and it'll turn out that we need them the next 2 nights also and by Friday they won't be available...

right?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

...which means Herrera and Colome will get used tonight, and it'll turn out that we need them the next 2 nights also and by Friday they won't be available...

right?

If Ricky uses them tomorrow, he’s worst than I imagined 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I'm not sure what the deal is upstairs but I cannot fathom the Santana deal being "omg that's going to get Reinsdorf angry". Maybe Ricky just tells him it's all going according to plan and that's enough, maybe he's more checked out than we realize, maybe he's as greedy as people say and he's just happy with the $70 million in profits last year, whatever it is, he's been ok with them lighting money on fire way more than this. 

At least Santana has played. Jay hasn't. 

The reason I say that is they had him signed to a minor league deal, watched him throughout spring training, and still decided to hand him $4M despite horrible stuff and a better in-house option already in place.  Like I can’t fathom how they thought this made any sense whatsoever.  I don’t know the terms of his deal, but I would have sent him to Charlotte to prove his could survive at 89-91 or simply cut him.  Hahn literally just threw away $4M on a guy unlikely to survive six weeks on the roster.  Just mind-boggling all around.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The reason I say that is they had him signed to a minor league deal, watched him throughout spring training, and still decided to hand him $4M despite horrible stuff and a better in-house option already in place.  Like I can’t fathom how they thought this made any sense whatsoever.  I don’t know the terms of his deal, but I would have sent him to Charlotte to prove his could survive at 89-91 or simply cut him.  Hahn literally just threw away $4M on a guy unlikely to survive six weeks on the roster.  Just mind-boggling all around.

JR probably got so excited seeing Santana get Manny out in that B game

McCann coming in with a batting avg well over .300 and ops over .900 in almost a month worth of games.

Not gonna lie definitely was not expecting that from what I thought was the worst signing of the winter.

Edited by Scoots

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Santana fucking blows.

Hey now, he's a 36 year old starter coming back from finger surgery with declining velocity.  How could Hahn have known he would be meat this year?  😆

Just another $4.3 million dollars that would've been better spent burning in the fireplace and at least warming the Hahn household this past winter.

my thoughts on a game like this (and last night)....

Cease, Kopech, Lambert and Paulino are all coming quickly and will be dazzling us at the GRate soon.

This is the baseball fandom equivalent to eating 3-month old frozen fishsticks you found in the back of your freezer the night before payday.

Edited by Charlie Haeger's Knuckles