Better Late Than Never Gamethread

5 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

I didn't say it was their fault he broke his hand if true. Saying it just shows you cannot rely on every single Prospect to pan out like they are. We will continue to get bargain free agents that suck they won't be able to develop even half their prospects that's why they're a joke organization.

Injuries are going to happen, especially with pitchers.  The problem is the complete crapping of the bed the draft picks have done, which has caused the minor league depth to crater.  

Sox have way too many guys on this team that have no business being on MLB roster. Until this changes losses will continue to pile up. Hahn did a atrocious job in off season evaluating talent yet again.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Sox have way too many guys on this team that have no business being on MLB roster. Until this changes losses will continue to pile up. Hahn did a atrocious job in off season evaluating talent yet again.

This shouldn't be a surprise though.  There's probably 7-8 players that actually matter for the long term future of the organization that are on the roster.  Come September, we'll be happy they lost these games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Everyone saw who Hahn signed this offseason.  It's amazing that he can throw millions around on these bums and think they will have some sort of fluke productive year.  None of them are worth the money Hahn is paying them, except for the two relievers Colome and Herrera.  How does one keep their job when almost all of their free agents signings are terrible?  Why even bother signing them?  I'd honestly rather see young players attempt to pan out than bums like Castillo, Alonso, Nova, Santana, etc.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I don’t want to even commit time to the product. Why should I? Sorry, I hate to be “that guy” tonight, but I’m not even mad. It’s not about this lose, or even the series. I’m just tired of the franchise. 

So Eloy turns out to be good? So what? What the hell has this front office shown us to make us believe they can put a team around him? Around them? Do you? 

Sorry, again hate being that guy. 

Not going to get an argument for me about reasons to be negative.  Each passing day, it's obvious Hahn should be fired and barred from GRF for crimes against the Sox organization.  I said this the other day, but more and more quantitative data is coming out that illustrates how awful the Sox are in basically every aspect.  The whole organization needs an enema.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I don’t want to even commit time to the product. Why should I? Sorry, I hate to be “that guy” tonight, but I’m not even mad. It’s not about this lose, or even the series. I’m just tired of the franchise. 

So Eloy turns out to be good? So what? What the hell has this front office shown us to make us believe they can put a team around him? Around them? Do you? 

I am very excited about the young guys (Moncada, Timmay, Eloy, etc.) but then you think about who Hahn gave away (Tatis Jr.) and it kills the buzz.  Plus, you know they won't be spending any money to supplement the team with premier free agents when necessary so how can anyone get too excited?  Basically, everything has to fall into place perfectly for the Sox to succeed with this rebuild.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Injuries are going to happen, especially with pitchers.  The problem is the complete crapping of the bed the draft picks have done, which has caused the minor league depth to crater.  

That goes back to cheap ownership. Not hiring the right people. I shouldn't have said not even half their prospects. I get it less the  50% of prospects pan out. That being said I do not have faith in the Sox system to develop even at an above-average rate. 

56 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

You assume Hahn thought the bums on this team would win, which means you’re both wrong and not as smart as Rick Hahn. 

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

Sox hitters have horrible approaches. Swinging for the fences always. The delmonico ab was terrible got blown away by 2 heaters then pops out.

I noticed that was an horrific at bat.

9 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

You assume Hahn thought the bums on this team would win, which means you’re both wrong and not as smart as Rick Hahn. 

I'm surprised he purchased all those bad players at about 50 million total just to lose. He still coulda lost with guys like Tilson, the catchers we have, etc. Didn't need Alonso to lose. We had candidates to make outs at DH. If I owned the team and the plan was to lose, I'd want that 50 million chump change for me and my family.

Perhaps you have to act like you are trying to win to avoid repercussions later from the commish.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I completely understand what you are saying. When the team has played for nothing for so long, and had so many meaningless losing months of baseball, eventually you have to lose interest just a little bit. Then the lack of interest keeps expanding.  In my case, I used to check the standings all the time. It's April and I can say I haven't looked for the standings once. If we were 15-9 I probably would. Sox should be worried. I'm not saying I'm Super Fan but if somebody like me loses interest, I can only imagine the casual fan. Now will all fans come back once we start winning? I guess? It happened in Kansas City. The frontrunners returned those 2 years the Royals were good.

2 minutes ago, tray said:

Heard a rumor, @whitesox Luis Robert sustained a broken hand, and will require surgery. Will not pick up a bat until late August at the earliest, per source. @MLBCWhiteSox

The dude is some fucking North Dakota Shmuck with 300 followers.

20 minutes ago, tray said:

Heard a rumor, @whitesox Luis Robert sustained a broken hand, and will require surgery. Will not pick up a bat until late August at the earliest, per source. @MLBCWhiteSox

Why believe some random guy on twitter?

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

I completely understand what you are saying. When the team has played for nothing for so long, and had so many meaningless losing months of baseball, eventually you have to lose interest just a little bit. Then the lack of interest keeps expanding.  In my case, I used to check the standings all the time. It's April and I can say I haven't looked for the standings once. If we were 15-9 I probably would. Sox should be worried. I'm not saying I'm Super Fan but if somebody like me loses interest, I can only imagine the casual fan. Now will all fans come back once we start winning? I guess? It happened in Kansas City. The frontrunners returned those 2 years the Royals were good.

I agree with this sentiment. The team just can't keep losing. Fans coming back when the team starts winning? Maybe, maybe not. Look at the 2000 team. The only Sox team to win a division and not draw 2,000,000. Look at some crowds in September when the team was wrapping things up. Some "crowds" were under 20,000.