Better Late Than Never Gamethread

34 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I agree with this sentiment. The team just can't keep losing. Fans coming back when the team starts winning? Maybe, maybe not. Look at the 2000 team. The only Sox team to win a division and not draw 2,000,000. Look at some crowds in September when the team was wrapping things up. Some "crowds" were under 20,000.

Yes. It seems to me there has been a shift. Before the Sox rebuild, it was suggested you suck for 3 years, it sets up a 6-8 year run. Now it seems, you suck for 4 or 5 years, it sets up maybe a 2 or 3 year run.

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

I agree with this sentiment. The team just can't keep losing. Fans coming back when the team starts winning? Maybe, maybe not. Look at the 2000 team. The only Sox team to win a division and not draw 2,000,000. Look at some crowds in September when the team was wrapping things up. Some "crowds" were under 20,000.

I'm  not sure what my favorite imaginary RH response to the phrase "The team just can't keep losing" is.

#1: Angrily: "What do you mean this team just can't keep losing. I'll show you!"

#2: "What do you mean losing? This team isn't losing. Do you know how hard we have had to work to finish in 4th place every single year without falling into last? This is a solid success story".

Losing doesn't breed fan interest or garner new fans.  Hahn and his team of evaluators need to understand that watching players who are really utility level does not hold fan interest.  I am a good enough fan that I watch every game every inning.  Yet, I've started reading a book while keeping an eye on the game.  How is anyone suppose to be interested  in Nova walking around the mound in a trance while getting shelled?  White Sox management does have a responsibility to keep the product entertaining while the rebuild happens.