**SPOILER THREAD * Avengers Endgame * SPOILER THREAD*

Kyyle23

Holy shit that last hour was amazing. Got goosebumps a few times.

I Am....IronMan.

Was structured a lot different than what I expected. Some of the time traveling was a little silly but the way everything went down, I didn’t care.

Also one of the more hilarious movies I’ve seen. Thor letting himself go.

Spidey returning 5 years later but he’s still in high school?

I thought it was a little boring.  Thor basically being The Big Lebowski was funny and Captain America being “worthy” enough to wield Mjolnir was cool but pretty much expected once the hammer reappeared.  I also liked they way they creatively essentially killed off Black Widow, Iron Man, and Captain America.  However, there were also too many boring scenes to include all the character’s stories and build up to the final battle.  It definitely didn’t need to be 3+ hours.

Edited by Harper2Sox

I'm curious what scenes you thought were boring. Even the slow stuff I enjoyed.

Is Thor going to be in GOTG 3 now? Loved the way they ended Cap's story.

Goosebumps when Cap got the hammer, when Stark said "I am...IronMan" then snapped, and when Scarlett Witch lowered down to fight Thanos.

Pepper in the IronMan suit felt sort of cheesy.

Also thought the way AntMan returned was too convenient.

Edited by Brian

Ya, I thought that movie had everything and needed every bit of the 3 hours.  It was hilarious, hit you in the feels a bunch of times and had the epic moments.  I can see how people thought it might be slow at parts when they were building up some of the story but boring?  Nah.

I also want a fat Thor/old Steve Rogers buddy cop film.

Edited by Rowand44

2 hours ago, Brian said:

I'm curious what scenes you thought were boring. Even the slow stuff I enjoyed.

Is Thor going to be in GOTG 3 now? Loved the way they ended Cap's story.

Goosebumps when Cap got the hammer, when Stark said "I am...IronMan" then snapped, and when Scarlett Witch lowered down to fight Thanos.

Pepper in the IronMan suit felt sort of cheesy.

Also thought the way AntMan returned was too convenient.

I don’t know.  It definitely was dragging in the first and second acts.

I also agree on the Pepper and AntMan comments.

So shouldn’t SpiderMan’s friend be 5 years older and out of high school now?

Also, the new funny Thor fits well with the GotG cast.  It makes sense.  He is going to have to hit the treadmill though.

Edited by Harper2Sox

Curious, when Stark and Lang are trying to get the tesseract, it falls out of the case, Loki picks up and uses it to escape.

Was that just a gag or is that the start of the Loki series on Disney+ or what?

13 minutes ago, Brian said:

Curious, when Stark and Lang are trying to get the tesseract, it falls out of the case, Loki picks up and uses it to escape.

Tough to say since time travel in the movie was such a massive and ridiculous plot hole, but I would agree that this brings 2012 Loki back to life.  You could argue that he still dies in Infinity War which would be later on but why would they make it a point to have Loki get away with the Tesseract like that?  I think it does indeed set up his Disney+ series.  I guess Thanos was wrong in Infinity Wars, “no resurrections this time...” 

Edited by Harper2Sox

32 minutes ago, Brian said:

21 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Tough to say since time travel in the movie was such a massive and ridiculous plot hole, but I would agree that this brings 2012 Loki back to life.  You could argue that he still dies in Infinity War which would be later on but why would they make it a point to have Loki get away with the Tesseract like that?  I think it does indeed set up his Disney+ series.  I guess Thanos was wrong in Infinity Wars, “no resurrections this time...” 

Wasn’t the point to create an obstacle and force Tony & Cap to have to travel to another time period?

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Wasn’t the point to create an obstacle and force Tony & Cap to have to travel to another time period?

Yes, and it fit well with Tony getting to say goodbye to his dad before he dies and Captain America seeing his girlfriend one more time which makes him choose to grow old with her, but everything is done for a reason and I think Loki is now alive.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So is Gamora alive?  I guess don’t get what happened to the past version of her after Tony’s snapped his fingers.

Yep, apparently an older version of Gamora is now alive and this version doesn’t know Quill because she was pre-GotG Gamora.  This is also why I think Loki is back as well.  The time travel really made no sense, heh.

7 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

So if Gamora is alive again wouldn’t it be possible to go back in time and retrieve Black Widow? Or am I missing something?

Yea, seems like each time period is it's own and doesn't effect others.