2019 NFL Draft Thread

19 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

All in all I was pretty happy with the Packers draft.  Filled a lot of needs and didn't feel like they reached. 

I think the Raiders had a very normal and good draft so I congratulate them on not doing anything crazy.   I was kinda hoping they drafted DK Metcalf.  Feel like he was born to be drafted by the Raiders.

I don't hate the Raiders draft, but it felt a lot like the sashi browns drafts to me. I think they should have traded current draft capital for more future draft capital.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don't hate the Raiders draft, but it felt a lot like the sashi browns drafts to me. I think they should have traded current draft capital for more future draft capital.

Maybe, but I think having those two first round picks next year leaves them with enough draft capital for next year.  They could move those two first round picks next year and trade up for a QB if things go badly with Carr.

9 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Maybe, but I think having those two first round picks next year leaves them with enough draft capital for next year.  They could move those two first round picks next year and trade up for a QB if things go badly with Carr.

I think Gruden has already moved on from Carr.  They didn't seem too fond of each other last season

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think Gruden has already moved on from Carr.  They didn't seem too fond of each other last season

Yeah, I think Carr has to have a huge year.  This is probably going to be a huge QB class coming up, so if the Raiders want to move on it, this might be the year.

2 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

They upgraded the OL, WR, RB, S, DL, ILB this offseason.  It probably depends on how good Carr plays but I can see them anywhere from like 6-10 to 10-6 type team. 

I would be shocked if they were like 2-14.

I would be shocked if they were 10-6 in that division. I also wouldn't be so quick to call things upgraded, they added some players but i'm really not sure I believe in that coaching staff as developers. WR is better and RB is...maybe better? It depends whether their OL/DL picks/upgrades are actually good.

24 minutes ago, bmags said:

I would be shocked if they were 10-6 in that division. I also wouldn't be so quick to call things upgraded, they added some players but i'm really not sure I believe in that coaching staff as developers. WR is better and RB is...maybe better? It depends whether their OL/DL picks/upgrades are actually good.

They added Mike Glennon this offseason, that has to be worth 5-6 wins alone. 

• Like 1

Leave it to me to complain, but I don't like the way the Bears are handling the kicking situation. I feel at this point, they are overblowing Parkey's missed kick so much that you are almost giving everyone else a free pass.  While Parkey blew it, there were still plenty of other plays that got in the way and the entire team needs to focus on being better.  Had the Bears stopped Foles it would all be a moot point.  Had they scored more points, it would have been a moot point, etc.

I do like the fact that they brought in a kicking consultant, etc.  This could also be the media overblowing everything too and making it a bigger story than it is.  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Leave it to me to complain, but I don't like the way the Bears are handling the kicking situation. I feel at this point, they are overblowing Parkey's missed kick so much that you are almost giving everyone else a free pass.  While Parkey blew it, there were still plenty of other plays that got in the way and the entire team needs to focus on being better.  Had the Bears stopped Foles it would all be a moot point.  Had they scored more points, it would have been a moot point, etc.

I do like the fact that they brought in a kicking consultant, etc.  This could also be the media overblowing everything too and making it a bigger story than it is.  

I think this is it, it's also rookie minicamp so the kickers in shorts is really the only thing going on.

I would say between cordarelle patterson, davis, drafting two running backs, etc and Nagy's own words, the team is committed to improving the offense.

But I think Nagy is using it as motivation as "unfinished business" and as a fire to burn under them.

53 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Had Parkey hit game winning kicks in the dolphins and giants games, the Bears wouldn't have faced the eagles. The what if game doesn't matter, he was paid to make that kick and he didn't.  Now they are wasting time until Gould comes free or they sign Bryant

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Had Parkey hit game winning kicks in the dolphins and giants games, the Bears wouldn't have faced the eagles. The what if game doesn't matter, he was paid to make that kick and he didn't.  Now they are wasting time until Gould comes free or they sign Bryant

Yeah, it's easy to say "there were a ton of other errors in that game" but Parkey sucked and he sucked the entire season. It was inevitable that he was going to blow another huge kick and he did so. Sometimes I'm thankful because losing in that way against the Rams the following week or in the Superdome would've been an even bigger kick in the nuts. Speaking of inevitable, it was just that that they were going to move on from Parkey; some people believe if they had a good kicker, they potentially go all the way. For this regime, they're not going to stand for that shit anymore, especially with his nonsensical antics after the game and in the days after.

I also agree- trade for Gould or sign Bryant (who I can't believe is still a UFA btw)

Edited by soxfan49

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:45 AM, Dick Allen said:

From what I hear, Robbie Gould isn't exactly a popular guy with Bears execs and ownership. They will exhaust every other option before ever bringing him back. 

Yeah, apparently Kaplan said there's no one in the building that wants him. He seems like quite the douche. Makes me happy that albeit an idiot Brandon Marshall said "just shut up and kick the ball" during a locker room altercation with Gould :)