Ervin Santana has been DFA

ChiliIrishHammock24

Sometimes I feel like Hahn is like Arthur Carlson, the incompetent manager of WKRP...and then there was the episode where Arthur actually learned that the owner of the station (his mother) really kept him around because it was better for her business holdings overall when the radio station lost money.  I know that is not actually the case here but sometimes the incompetence is tough to take.

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Sometimes I feel like Hahn is like Arthur Carlson, the incompetent manager of WKRP...and then there was the episode where Arthur actually learned that the owner of the station (his mother) really kept him around because it was better for her business holdings overall when the radio station lost money.  I know that is not actually the case here but sometimes the incompetence is tough to take.

Now there is a reference.  

• Like 1

If I may put a positive spin on this, I like this move alot. It shows the White Sox want to have the most ready players at the Major League level regardless of how much the players makes. It shows the White Sox care about winning now. Santana was not ready this season to pitch at the ML level. Even if he goes to another squad and does well, it was the best move for us at this time.

Edited by Chisox378

54 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

So does this mean Banuelos takes his spot? Probably worth seeing more of what he can do after his last spot start.

I would guess (and hope) Banuelos to the rotation and Fulmer sticks around as long man.  Probably means Giolito will be back soon too.

Edited by SouthWallace

1 hour ago, elrockinMT said:

I don’t think the failure to sign Machado was the team being cheap. The Boss was probably more concerned with the length of the contract and being on the hook for guaranteed big bucks 

It still doesn't make sense.  They wanted to save 50 million on the last 2 years of his deal, so they basically waste 40 million this season ( I know guys like Colome and Herrera aren't wastes in terms of their on field quality, but they are a waste in terms of having a good set up man and closer on a 100 loss team doesn't really do much for you -- now maybe they are traded for solid assets, but who knows.). 

I think that Covey gets another shot as the long man, and Fulmer works in shorter relief. Just my guess. Although, they could bring back Bummer, instead of Covey. What are the chances that Evan Marshall gets a  shot , in the Pen?

Edited by Lillian

2 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

I don’t think the failure to sign Machado was the team being cheap. The Boss was probably more concerned with the length of the contract and being on the hook for guaranteed big bucks 

This argument is over.  They are cheap and stupid.  Give it up already.

Edited by Harper2Sox

2 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

I don’t think the failure to sign Machado was the team being cheap.  The Boss was probably more concerned with the length of the contract and being on the hook for guaranteed big bucks 

In other words, he was being cheap.  

Please don't try and put lipstick on this pig.  

2 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

If I may put a positive spin on this, I like this move alot. It shows the White Sox want to have the most ready players at the Major League level regardless of how much the players makes. It shows the White Sox care about winning now. Santana was not ready this season to pitch at the ML level. Even if he goes to another squad and does well, it was the best move for us at this time.

If that was the case, they would have spent money on a good player like Machado or Harper instead of a bunch of trash.

3 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

That's....still cheap. Literally that's a dictionary quality definition of cheap.