4/26 Games - He's Back!

DirtySox

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

I also hate fans trying to find something to enjoy in this dumpster fire of a season.

You want to find something to enjoy? Get a dog. I want my lifelong favorite sports team to win baseball games. That means giving a talented but flawed player time to develop at the level he's currently at.

7 minutes ago, The Sir said:

You want to find something to enjoy? Get a dog. I want my lifelong favorite sports team to win baseball games. That means giving a talented but flawed player time to develop at the level he's currently at.

What about his afl performance? Or his spring training? There are some who thought he should be in AA to start the season...

11 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I have a dog. She's great.

Robert shouldn't be promoted yet. It should wait until around the draft. Paul Sullivan keeps writing that he should skip AA and go to AAA, which is an asinine recipe for failure.

But his first bad game all season, coming back from a hand contusion, you have to come into the thread swinging because holy shit a baseball player had a subpar game.

1 minute ago, yesterday333 said:

What about his afl performance? Or his spring training? There are some who thought he should be in AA to start the season...

Not with the logjam, but yeah, it's context for why he'll probably be pushing a promotion come June.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, The Sir said:

You do realize prospect development isn’t linear, and 22% k rate is hardly a bad number for someone who hits the ball as hard as he does. The case for promoting him is there is much more for him to learn at AA than A ball. That’s not to say that he could work on correcting any swing and miss issues at the next level. The reality is he’s so much more talented than other players around him he’s getting away with his flaws at this level.

• Like 1