Gregor: Sox talking about bringing up top prospects sooner

Sockin

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

What top prospects?  Like other than Cease and maybe Collins (which is debatable) no one is even close to ready.  Meanwhile, Steele Walker & Luis Robert are destroying competition they are too good for.  This tweet does not compute.

Yea. The only prospect this statement makes sense with is Cease.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Yea. The only prospect this statement makes sense with is Cease.

If this is true and they move Robert do AA and he does well there, it would not surprise me if they promote him straight to the majors from there. 

I might be reading in between the lines here but this also might be fan interest related. I don't know if they realized how low the interest would be with the team this year and they know if they get the younger guys up here it would drive it up a little. Before anyone tells me that's ridiculous this is the White Sox we're talking about. 

Edited by Sockin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

If this is true and they move Robert do AA and he does well there, it would not surprise me if they promote him straight to the majors from there. 

I might be reading in between the lines here but this also might be fan interest related. I don't know if they realized how low the interest would be with the team this year and they know if they get the younger guys up here it would drive it up a little. Before anyone tells me that's ridiculous this is the White Sox we're talking about. 

They need to wait until next year with Robert. He's someone I'm not calling up early in a bad year. Pitchers are a different story.

10 minutes ago, Sockin said:

I really don't think there is much interest because the team is losing just like every other year, to bad teams, and we were promised they would be better. The Machado debacle didn't help anything.

The Sox won their home-opener. The next day, the park was packed again, I think in large part due to great performances by Yoan and Anderson, and the simple fact they won the game. Then they lost and Sunday the park was empty. The fans are done with losing. And I think the FO is trying to take steps to correct itself, like DFA'ing Santana and sending down Palka, etc. I think this year they are going to be more harsh on poor performances from players they can afford to get rid of, and I think they will be more rewarding with those who do well. 

I am interested to see what the park looks like tonight with Detroit and the promotion, and with it being Friday night. Shitty weather the rest of the weekend so not expecting much there, but tonight I am curious about.

If this is true, would not be surprised to see Cease up in June and Robert, if he continues to rake and stay healthy, possibly a September call-up? If anything, dude will be up early next year.

I could also see Burdi coming up this year.

Edited by Scoots

I feel like this is about Robert more than Cease.  Cease is a foregone conclusion barring some massive crater in his game in the next few weeks. Collins could be a guy but I think they want to see him pull it all together first.   

Robert has been making the game look easy, albeit in much lesser competition.  But if he is moved up and continues to make the minors look bad, then they have a decision to make.   And honestly not many major league roster options are blocking him if they should choose to bring him up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I feel like this is about Robert more than Cease.  Cease is a foregone conclusion barring some massive crater in his game in the next few weeks. Collins could be a guy but I think they want to see him pull it all together first.   

Robert has been making the game look easy, albeit in much lesser competition.  But if he is moved up and continues to make the minors look bad, then they have a decision to make.   And honestly not many major league roster options are blocking him if they should choose to bring him up.

Are there also no service time issues considering the contract that he signed?

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No, his contact was a signing bonus so normal service time concerns apply.

Thanks for clarifying. 

Could this be about moving Madrigal along and let him take his lumps up here sooner?

Rushing prospects is now good?

White Sox are going to White Sox. Go back to the old way that produced some nice busts.

PLEASE SELL THE TEAM JR SO SOMEONE WHO CAN WILL HAVE THE URGENCY TO BRING IN DIFFERENT PEOPLE TO MAKE BASEBALL DECISIONS.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm not going to say I agree with it, because I don't, but if this demonstrates a degree of urgency in winning/replacing non-contributors then maybe it can end up a good thing.

One thing I will say is that Jimmy Lambert has been very good in AA.