Eloy Jimenez injury

Balta1701

After seeing Moncada, Anderson and what I believe Giolito is going to be this year, yeah, Jimenez can have 2 sub-par seasons honestly before I start becoming skeptical of him. The most recent track records of our now seasoned prospects seem to indicate a change, and we may finally be out of the Gordon-Beckham-esque type prospects era.

Dude needs time to adjust, and develop, no matter how great he was in the minors. Vlad Jr. and Tatis are probably gonna go through the same thing. Not many players are Mike Trout.

Plus, we just found out that the guy was going through the awful reality of losing a very close loved one, which just happened. Remember TA and his best friend, and how much that affected him that season? Yeah, idc what Jimenez contract is, he's got a long leash as far as I, and I hope many others, are concerned.

Edited by Scoots
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Some of these threads are cancer. You'd think people would be more patient as major busts Moncada and Anderson are having all-star seasons. 

Eloy is another player who played limited games in AAA. For some guys, it just takes time.  Revisit his status in July. 

2 hours ago, Scoots said:

After seeing Moncada, Anderson and what I believe Giolito is going to be this year, yeah, Jimenez can have 2 sub-par seasons honestly before I start becoming skeptical of him. The most recent track records of our now seasoned prospects seem to indicate a change, and we may finally be out of the Gordon-Beckham-esque type prospects era.

Dude needs time to adjust, and develop, no matter how great he was in the minors. Vlad Jr. and Tatis are probably gonna go through the same thing. Not many players are Mike Trout.

Plus, we just found out that the guy was going through the awful reality of losing a very close loved one, which just happened. Remember TA and his best friend, and how much that affected him that season? Yeah, idc what Jimenez contract is, he's got a long leash as far as I, and I hope many others, are concerned.

A very good post Scooter

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

There are definitely a lot of trolls here as some of the takes / comments are beyond ridiculous.

Sometimes I think it’s pathetic that I spend time posting about my favorite team.  Imagine wasting your life trolling some random message board for a team you don’t even like?  In this case, the punishment is the crime.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Scoots said:

And the billion dollar man can't do it all by himself.  The Angels are no better with Trout, than the Sox are without him

If Reinsdorf was going to commit $600 million to improve the White Sox, I'm building a TEAM of difference makers.

I'd rather have Baez than either Machado or Harper.

Edited by GradMc
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

The bust talk is definitely ridiculous but talking about moving him to DH is definitely reasonable based on what we’ve seen from him in LF so far.

Yep. I'm not sure that anyone is calling him a bust at this point. 

It's fair to criticize the Sox giving this dude a big extension when he never faced a pitch in the Show before. He is looking more and more like a DH with each passing day.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Yep. I'm not sure that anyone is calling him a bust at this point. 

It's fair to criticize the Sox giving this dude a big extension when he never faced a pitch in the Show before. He is looking more and more like a DH with each passing day.

Oh you mean just like a bunch of posters wanted to move TA to CF or the bench before this season? 

5 minutes ago, GradMc said:

They need to stick Big  Daddy at DH or 1B and call it a day.

If he played the outfield like Mays or Clemente it would have a taken a hell of a lot more than Q to have separated him from St  Theo.

At the very least, he’s gotta know not dive into the stands on the line, or plant his foot into the wall thinking he can make a catch. But yeah, get him a first baseman’s glove now.

15 minutes ago, GradMc said:

They need to stick Big  Daddy at DH or 1B and call it a day.

If he played the outfield like Mays or Clemente it would have a taken a hell of a lot more than Q to have separated him from St  Theo.

That's a funny nickname when you think about it. Is Eloy a decent outfielder at least on everything but balls hit over his head? Sometimes outfielders simply have trouble on those kind of blasts. Eloy is gonna be a star but like some say, his DH days will be here soon if he keeps risking his health on defense. I still say that's a minor ankle sprain I saw last night. Better be. If he's hurt an ankle or knee badly that will suck.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There are definitely a lot of trolls here as some of the takes / comments are beyond ridiculous.

I used to be known as "hot take Parkman" but some of these guys put me to shame. Some of these guys are really becoming insufferable. They have a board for those type of people it's called WSI. They'd fit right in there. 

I apologize for blowing up the Bears thread with negativity last year, but losing Kopech and the Bears blowing a 20-3 lead to GB in a 48 hr period pushed me over the edge. I try not to be as cynical as I used to be but I couldn't help myself after that weekend. Just a gut punch. Had I known the Bears were going to win 12 games last year Wouldn't have taken it so hard. 

About Eloy get him the fuck out of the OF. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I used to be known as "hot take Parkman" but some of these guys put me to shame. 

I apologize for blowing up the Bears thread with negativity last year, but losing Kopech and the Bears blowing a 20-3 lead to GB in a 48 hr period pushed me over the edge. I try not to be as cynical as I used to be but I couldn't help myself after that weekend. Just a gut punch. Had I known the Bears were going to win 12 games last year Wouldn't have taken it so hard. 

About Eloy get him the fuck out of the OF. 

Jack, I’m met you brother, you’re good peoples.  We all let ourselves fall victim to the failures of this ownership group & front office at times.  That being said, you have been fairly positive around here this year and it’s been much needed after this offseason’s failures broke many of us here.