Eloy Jimenez injury

Balta1701

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I wrote in the game thread move him to 1B, but I agree with you. If Collins has to move to 1b, and it looks more and more like Vaugn is the Sox pick, somehow, some way, Eloy is going to have to learn how to play a passable LF. I had heard he wasn't very good with the glove, but he looks lost out there.

What's interesting to me about his defense is all the issues seem to crop up when he's either near a wall or other players. Sort of like you would expect with someone who hasn't played out there before, everything gets screwed up when they have to keep their eye on two different things. On the routine plays he's really smooth, which isn't saying much, but there are a lot of bad outfielders who are bad because they struggle with routine flies. Eloy, so far, is really bad on everything except the routine flies and most of the screwups have looked like he's worried about a wall or another player. That's theoretically fixable but you wonder why it wasn't fixed before.

41 minutes ago, Jake said:

Eloy, so far, is really bad on everything except the routine flies and most of the screwups have looked like he's worried about a wall or another player. That's theoretically fixable but you wonder why it wasn't fixed before.

That's White Sox player development.   This organization sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

Calling it right now, he goes on the IL and comes back and immediately goes on a tear. Book it. Dude signed a huge contract, realized his dream and lost his Grandma in a short period of time. He will be back stronger than ever before.

There are so many trolls her now it's unreal. Why this post gets idiots laughing at it is ridiculous. A guy loses a family member and they think it's funny. Insensitive louts. I hope if in the near future if you lose someone dear to you that no one laughs about it.

Orlando I gave you some love because the idiots cannot win.

As a matter of fact . I am calling to arms for all to call out the trolls every chance you get within the boundaries of the rules of the board.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That's a fairly bad injury. PTATC can tell us, but I bet you he won't be back until second week of June.

Having played a lot of basketball  I had my share of sprained ankles. My first year of college at UICC ( now UIC) I was working the Easter Seals Telethon as part of a group from the campus Newman Center. I was at a basketball court inside the Hotel in downtown when one of my HS basketball team mates showed up and since their was no one else around we played one on one.  I was in dress up clothes with  wing tips . Needless to say that wasn't a smart move and I was carted away brought to a hospital then back to the Telethon on crutches.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There are so many trolls her now it's unreal. Why this post gets idiots laughing at it is ridiculous. A guy loses a family member and they think it's funny. Insensitive louts. I hope if in the near future if you lose someone dear to you that no one laughs about it.

As a matter of fact . I am calling to arms for all to call out the trolls every chance you get within the boundaries of the rules of the board.

I have no idea what's happened to the board over the last year, but it's borderline unreadable these days. Too many Tom Longo's. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, harkness99 said:

Lol bro you are the one who made the most negative posts.. about him - saying "he has sucked so far" among other things.

For one thing I don't agree as I've seen some signs of being able to him at the MLB level... though his defense has been poor.

Just the statement "sucked so far" in and of itself screams ignorance.  It's way too early to know anything or make a series of negative posts about what a player "really is."

Even as bad has his defense has been it's too early to give up on that part as well.

Again, I never called him a bust or declared what he "really is". Eloy has been terrible so far this year and the numbers don't lie. In what world is a -0.7 war and 81wRC+ plus good? 

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

I have no idea what's happened to the board over the last year, but it's borderline unreadable these days. Too many Tom Longo's. 

Why is it unreadable? There has been a lot more negativity toward the Sox which is justified completely. If the negatively is what I deem stupid or unreasonable I just read the post quickly. If somebody thinks Eloy has been a bust, so what? They said the same thing about Timmy and Moncada and they are right on track to stardom. ... Cue somebody saying my posts are awful.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I’m with you, time to call out these trolls for what they are.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

People don’t understand that these guys are humans. Thanks for the love!

On 4/26/2019 at 10:36 PM, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, what a take. 

What's so amusing ?

This trade could very well come down to  Cease vs Q.

What was St Theo going to do with Eloy with those defensive liabilities in the NL?

And  I don't care how good or bad these so-called prospects look in the minors. We don't know what we got until they begin to play at this level. 

And this owner has made it crystal clear he has no intentions of spending his way out of mediocrity.

So unless you're good at waiting another 3 to 5 years to even see whether these guys are actually MLB caliber players, have at it.

I'm not. 

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I am on board. 

Hard to to believe that we had a great prospect get hurt and now he is a bust and can’t handle his position and we got took on the trade. Just crazy stuff 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

He doesn’t know so I suspect he’s just trolling for a comment 

Anyone calling Eloy a bust is trolling but suggesting he be moved to 1B or DH is not. Have you been watching the games?  Have you seen Eloy in LF?  Has he looked good to you there?  He has gotten hurt twice already and botched numerous plays.  He wasn’t known to be a good defender in the minors and his major league appearances are proving it out. People who want to move him to 1B or DH want to do so to minimize injury to Eloy and keep his bat in the lineup.  This is not trolling whatsoever.  This is doing what is best for the team going forward.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, GradMc said:

What's so amusing ?

This trade could very well come down to  Cease vs Q.

What was St Theo going to do with Eloy with those defensive liabilities in the NL?

And  I don't care how good or bad these so-called prospects look in the minors. We don't know what we got until they begin to play at this level. 

So unless you're good at waiting another 3 to 5 years to even see whether these guys are actually MLB caliber players, have at it.

I'm not. 

Then, stop? It's obviously causing you much heartache, perhaps just stop. Not sure who the "3-5 years" timetable is aimed at or what a "so-called prospect" is but maybe just take up model trains for a bit, much more soothing.

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

No, it’s not trolling.  A few people have suggested Eloy he moved to 1B or DH.  Have you been watching the games?  Have you seen Eloy in LF?  Has he looked good to you there?  He has gotten hurt twice already and botched numerous plays.  He wasn’t know to be a good defender in the minors and his major league appearances are proving it out. People who want to move him to 1B or DH want to do so to minimize injury to Eloy and keep his bag in the lineup.  This is not trolling whatsoever.  This is doing what is best for the team going forward.

change your name otherwise every post I read from you will be tinged with piss and shit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

change your name otherwise every post I read from you will be tinged with piss and shit.

I tried to change it but can’t because it was already changed from Machado2Sox to Harper2Sox and you can only change your name once every 365 days.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Haha 2