Eloy Jimenez injury

Balta1701

Anyone calling Eloy a bust is trolling but suggesting he be moved to 1B or DH is not. 

It probably is trolling but if it isn't,  it's pretty foolish.    Eloy  needs to focus on the routine plays and keeping himself in shape physically.

Eloy  and Robert are going to be an incredible tandem in the White Sox OF for years to come.

Edited by tray

3 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

He definitely should be in right if he's in the outfield at all, but I could see DH or 1B as the plan going forward.

Why should he be in right field if he hasn’t even shown he can play left field well which is the easier position of the two?

1 hour ago, Harper2Sox said:

Why should he be in right field if he hasn’t even shown he can play left field well which is the easier position of the two?

Right field is for the guy with a gun for an arm.  Left field is for the big bat and hope you can hide most of the fielding flaws.  Eloy has made most of the routine plays just no great ones.  He does look bad at the wall I'll give you.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, poppysox said:

Right field is for the guy with a gun for an arm.  Left field is for the big bat and hope you can hide most of the fielding flaws.  Eloy has made most of the routine plays just no great ones.  He does look bad at the wall I'll give you.

That ball he let drop in against detroit last weekend had a catch expectancy of like 99%

3 hours ago, mqr said:

erThat ball he let drop in against detroit last weekend had a catch expectancy of like 99%

Not trying to say an excellent fielder will not make some of those plays.  Teams have to decide how much defense they are willing to give up in order to have offense.  Apparently the plus defense of Engle is more highly prized over Garcia's bat.  When you have three DH types you "hide"  Eloy in left.  Just saying...

Edited by poppysox

22 hours ago, tray said:

Anyone calling Eloy a bust is trolling but suggesting he be moved to 1B or DH is not. 

It probably is trolling but if it isn't,  it's pretty foolish.    Eloy  needs to focus on the routine plays and keeping himself in shape physically.

Eloy  and Robert are going to be an incredible tandem in the White Sox OF for years to come.

I don't disagree but the nitwits in the FO had better come to realization Big Daddy is not a two-way player and to save his career, he needs to be put at first or permanent DH.

14 hours ago, GradMc said:

I don't disagree but the nitwits in the FO had better come to realization Big Daddy is not a two-way player and to save his career, he needs to be put at first or permanent DH.

As long as Jimenez, Abreu and Alonso are on this team... Eloy is the left fielder.  Even long term it is best that people play a position because of interleague play.  When Eloy reaches his potential we're not going to want him out of the lineup.  IMO...Schwarber looked a lot worse then Jimenez when he came up.  Some time people improve with time.

15 hours ago, GradMc said:

I don't think this goes far enough. They really should just have him retire now, try to get him on the front office or managerial track. Could be a really good manager some day, and can't risk it.

Eloy has looked pretty much awful in the OF.  But as I mentioned in another thread, moving him to 1B or DH right now would be crazy.  He just spent $45M on the guy...we need him in the OF.  You can always make him a DH down the line, and that will likely be necessary, but right now is not the time.  Hopefully he can improve out there.