AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX TIMMY WALK OFF WINNER

chitownsportsfan

Haven't felt the need to post in quite some time, but I'm really feeling this team and looks like baseball might have found a new "bad guy." Everyone in the AL central is gonna hate timmy real soon. Hoping for a fun summer!

• Like 2

That was a lot of fun. Obviously the walkoff homer will be one of the best moments of the year but I was just mesmerized by that play in top of the inning. He went so deep into the hole and was so smooth to get the leader runner.

I don't want to get ahead of myself because it's just a month of baseball and he's way over his career trends but the growth Anderson has had is pretty incredible. He's becoming so natural at short with the same tremendous range and hose he's always had. He's settled in at the plate and is showing a veteran attack staying with the ball and using the whole field again. You can't just put him away with half-cocked breaking balls anymore. And the strength at the plate...he's a far more powerful hitter this year when his improved approach isn't even conducive to power. He's also cut his K% over 5% from last year's rate which was his career best. He's just under 19%. There are improvements all over the place even if he's obviously just starting the year in a hot streak. 

Again, it's 21 games for him and only 90 plate appearances and I am not going to jump to say he's an All Star or MVP candidate just yet, but you see the improvements year-over-year if you are watching the games. Even if he returns to some bad habits at the plate there's a great player here. He was never going to be a high OBP guy but I see 30-30 in his future. He's developing into a great defensive shortstop who is one of the best in the league on the base paths and is a power/speed threat at the plate. That's a 4 WAR guy. - championship caliber SS. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Cowch said:

Haven't felt the need to post in quite some time, but I'm really feeling this team and looks like baseball might have found a new "bad guy." Everyone in the AL central is gonna hate timmy real soon. Hoping for a fun summer!

Pitching can only improve.

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Who needs Tatis Jr when we have Tim Anderson? TA is a fucking stud!!!

I'm not gonna sit here and rehash the Tatis thing again but it's hard not to imagine an infield of YoYo,Timmy,and Tatis and what might have been. Not to mention if Madrigal becomes the guy we think he could be then he would have become an amazing trade chip for a front line starter/other need. Sucks

Edited by TheTruth05

3 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I'm not gonna sit here and rehash the Tatis thing again but it's hard not to imagine an infield of YoYo,Timmy,and Tatis and what might have been. Not to mention someone if Madrigal becomes the guy we thing he could be then he would have become an amazing trade chip for a front line starter/other need. Sucks

Not sure we’d have Moncada if we didn’t make the Shields trade though. I truly believe the Shields trade blowing up as dramatically as it did as early as it did played a huge role in initiating a full scale rebuild 6 months later.